Review: Stay on Satin cap

sunshinelady

Hey ladies,

So, I bought one of these for under two dollars at Mallwart. So, here are the answers to questions posted previously:

1. Fabric quality: Pretty flimsy satin. In fact, let's call it fakin. It's see-thru. As always, the outside is smoother than the inside. It needs to be as smooth on both sides. When will manufacturers figure this out?

2. Construction: Fair quality for something I spent less than $2 to have. Probably would need to buy a new one after a couple of months.

3. Staying power: Yes, I believe if you have an average or larger head, then it will stay on. However, the important thing to note is that rather than the elastic strip with the lace around the outside, there is like a trouser sock-type material around the edges. I'm not sure that this wouldn't affect your hairline at some point. I do think that the fabric around the edges would be just as drying as cotton.

4. Size: I was surprised at the relatively small volume of this cap. If you have big hair or shoulder-length natural, then you might want to stick with what you currently use. That is unless you tie your hair down with something else beforehand.

If you don't like your head to feel closed in, then this is not the cap for you.

Overall Grade: C+ It is an improvement on the conventional bonnet with the aforementioned caveats.

HTH!

Last edited:

lowridin76

I saw those at work today, but Didn't have enough money with me to get one. Now I don't know I kind of like the satin scarf I have. About the one side being smoother than the other I have mine turned inside out. It doesn't matter if I look dumb because I'm just going to sleep.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
How disappointing. I saw an add for these and JUST KNEW I wanted to get one. They looked like they were so good :ohwell: Thanks for the review, cause I sure woulda been mad! :yep: