REVIEW: Suave Citrus Smooooooothie!!!!!

Jade21

Well, this is another RAVE for a mighty cheap product!

I hadn't tried a new product in months. With Spring trying to appear, I saw the Suave Naturals Citrus Smoothie and decided to plunk down my $1.20 at Shoppers and try it.

The smell is DIVINE!!! It's like a mixture of oranges, tangerines and peaches which is heavenly.

Here's what the bottle says: "Citrus Smoothie Conditioner combines the fragrance of juicy oranges and fresh tangerines in a formula with milk protein to help moisturize and replenish dry or damaged hair.

And, I have to say, that I was hesitant about using a Suave conditioner because I've not had luck in the past. The only one which I've loved has been the Sun Ripened Raspberry. I still don't know why that product works so well on my hair 'cause it is NOT made for hair which tends to get dry.

Here's what I did: I washed my hair with Clairol's Herbal Essences for Dry Hair and then used plenty (but not an excessive amount) of the Suave Citrus Smoothie Conditioner. I left it on my hair for about 15 minutes and rinsed thorougly. My hair was extremely easy to detangle and my hair was buttery soft and silky
For someone whose hair tangles easily when wet, well, excellent results!!!

Here are the ingredients: water, cetyl alcohol, grapfruit seed extract, peach fruit extract, hydrolyzed milk protein, orange oil, lemon peel oil, honey extract, tocopheryl acetate, cetrimonium chloride, fragrance, potassium chloride, distearyldimoium chloride, disodium EDTA, 2-bromo-2-nitropopane-1, 3-diol, propylene glycol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolimone, yellow 5, red 4. [please excuse any typos]

Price: @$1.20 at Shoppers for 15oz [very cool!!]

Overall Rating: On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is the best, I give it a 20

Much Joy,

Jade

Jade21

I can't wait to hear your results. I've had the Milk and Honey conditioner on my mind ever since I got here tonight. Something tells me I am going to be looking at Target this weekend!

~Jade~

keylargo

I've used it now for three days straight for conditioner washes. It is excellent at detangling my hair. I'm 4a/b and 6 weeks post relaxer shooting for 11 weeks. My only concern is if I'm using it too much. It does have a lot of milk protein it and I'm hoping it doesn't start to make my hair dry. I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks Jade for the recommendation!

By the way Supergirl, if you're reading this, I know that milk protein is gentle and safe to use frequently. I'm just concerned because my hair tends to be extra sensative to gentle proteins at times.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
keylargo said:
I've used it now for three days straight for conditioner washes. It is excellent at detangling my hair. I'm 4a/b and 6 weeks post relaxer shooting for 11 weeks. My only concern is if I'm using it too much. It does have a lot of milk protein it and I'm hoping it doesn't start to make my hair dry. I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks Jade for the recommendation!

By the way Supergirl, if you're reading this, I know that milk protein is gentle and safe to use frequently. I'm just concerned because my hair tends to be extra sensative to gentle proteins at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha Ha--I love you Keylargo!

Based on my research, milk protein is a moisturizing protein.

mariposanegro

I tried this for the first time last night after my ACV rinse and my hair felt soooooooo moisterized! I checked it twice after I rinsed it to see if I left conditioner in it because it felt so good. It has earned a no. 1 spot in my regime. -mari