Reviews please - Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars & Soaps

naturalmanenyc

I am finally going to order from Chagrin Valley and want to know if anyone has reviews on these specific shampoo bars & soaps. Anyone recommend any specific bars that are not on the list below?

Does anyone know if they ever have sales?
With Labor Day coming up, if they normally have a holiday sale I will wait to order.

I intend to order samples of:

Neem & Tea Tree Oil Body & Hair Shampoo Sample
Buttery Conditioner Shampoo Bar Sample
Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Sample
Honey Beer and Egg Shampoo Sample
Mud & Clay Shampoo Sample
Rosemary Lavender Aloe Shampoo Sample
Cafe Moreno Shampoo Bar Sample
Nettle Shampoo Sample
Olive Babassu Shampoo Sample

Aloe, Aloe, Aloe Soap Sample
Avocado Shea Soap Sample
Bananas & Cream Complexion Soap Sample
Dead Sea Spa Soap Sample
Grapeseed Tomato Shea Soap Sample
Rhassoul Clay & Yogurt Complexion Soap Sample
Sea Salt & Seaweed Spa Soap Sample
Shea Rose Clay Soap Sample
Honey Butter Soap Sample
Castile & Calendula Soap Sample
Cornmeal & Honey Soap Sample

Last edited:

MissMusic

There are reviews in the makeup & skin care forum. I just received my package of neem & tea tree, rhassoul clay, grapeseed tomato, and cornmeal & honey today. I will be sure to give a review on this post in about a week or two. So far, they have great customer service and fast shipping. Plus, the sample bars are pretty big, will probably last 3 months by themselves.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
My favorite is Sea salt and Seaweed. I like most all of the other soaps I tried, but this one I just repurchased and got 3 more bars. I was really looking for a soap with a high salt content.

I also like the Aloe Aloe. I bought so many samples the first time around, I can't remember them all.

I tried the Dead Sea Spa soap and didn't like it as much.

I have a bunch of shampoo bars that I have not tried as yet. I need to go on a no buy challenge, lol.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
I have used both the shampoo and face soaps.
For my hair i like the olive and babassau(sp)? and the Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Bar
For my face I was using the castile soap and it was alright but it melted very fast and i didn't like that so i just went back to using my origins face soap.
I have some more samples of the hair and face soap i have not used yet.

isawstars

You won't regret it. Their soaps are wonderful! My favorite is is the Babassu Marshmallow. I also used the Coffee one too and it was good too. Very moisturizing, detangles well, and gave my hair slip. It's not very sudsy but you'll get used to that. I tried the neem bar a while ago. It smells funny but i got used to it. I used it for my itchy scalp so I don't know how it does with acne by experience.

I'm actually about to order their new coconut cream deodorant. Oyin Handmade's funk butter turned my underarms dark (it returned back to normal now that I stopped)

Try to put in your order before the 29th. Ida's son is getting married and so their shipping will be slowed down til September 9th I believe.

silenttullip

I use the ayurvedic, neem, & castile from what you listed.
I like them all but a prepoo is good with the ayurvedic
The neem is good for dandruff and skin issues
The castile is good I use it for my skins dryness or face wash

Evolving78

my favorite is the Cafe Moreno bar. i didn't need to do the ACV rinse afterwards. they are very good, but if you have hard water, you might get a waxy feel, but an ACV rinse will take care of that.

FoxxyLocs

Butter Bar Conditioner Shampoo Bar - made my hair soft but I stopped using it because it didn't seem to be very cleansing and I didn't want to use it as a second step after shampooing

Honey Beer & Egg Shampoo Bar - I didn't notice any difference in my hair after using this one

Aloe, Aloe, Aloe! Soap - I use this on my DS. He has very sensitive skin.

Avocado Oats & Shea Soap - Didn't like the smell

Castile & Calendula Baby Soap - Use this on my DS also

Peppermint Twist Soap - made my skin really dry

I use the Cornmeal & Honey as my staple soap. For my hair I really like the Olive & Shea and Olive & Babbassu. I'm going to try the Ayurvedic bar next.

ETA: I get a good lather with all my bars.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
CV doesn't usually have sales, but I LOVE their soaps and shampoos. I've been using them since 2008. I don't do an ACV rinse afterward, and I don't have another shampoo.

Favorite Soap and Shampoo Bars:
Neem & Tea Tree
Mud & Clay
Rhassoul Clay
Olive & Shea
Dead Sea Spa

I still want to try the Ayurvedic Herb poo bar. The soaps last forever, especially if you cut them. I hope that helps!

MissMusic

I don't think I will use these on my hair because they are working so well for my face, cleared my acne in two weeks. I LOVE these bars and this company.

southerncitygirl

Honey Bee
naturalmannyc
my fave bars to date are the honey butter & the aloe,aloe, aloe. on my face i've liked the banana/cream, carrot complexion, and the tea tree/neem. i don't use shampoo bars but they have some nice ones.

naturalmanenyc

I ordered a ton of sample shampoo bars & soaps. I expect them to arrive in about a week.:grin:

Thanks for the recommendations.

Ayurvedic Herb Shampoo Sample
Buttery Conditioner Shampoo Bar Sample
Cafe Moreno Shampoo Bar Sample
Honey Beer and Egg Shampoo Sample
Mud & Clay Shampoo Sample
Neem & Tea Tree Oil Body & Hair Shampoo Sample
Nettle Shampoo Sample
Olive Babassu Shampoo Sample
Rosemary Lavender Aloe Shampoo Sample

Aloe, Aloe, Aloe Soap Sample
Avocado Shea Soap Sample
Bananas & Cream Complexion Soap Sample
Castile & Calendula Soap Sample
Cornmeal & Honey Soap Sample
Dead Sea Spa Soap Sample
Grapeseed Tomato Shea Soap Sample
Honey Butter Soap Sample
Rhassoul Clay & Yogurt Complexion Soap Sample
Sea Salt & Seaweed Spa Soap Sample
Shea Rose Clay Soap Sample

empressri

I have every shampoo bar and just about all of their soaps...

my fav shampoo is the nettle, coconut milk, mud and clay. honey butter is moisturizing to use afterwards.

dont get me started on the soaps, they're a staple in this household. that rhassoul has a permanent place in my life!

ladysaraii

This reminds me I need to place another order. I love trying their seasonal soaps.

And I need to order more of the Ayurvedic bar, loved it.

I ordered every shampoo and soap sample they had once upon a time and still have tons left. Now I just go through them until they are used up. the samples are great to take on travel