Rice Protein - Has anyone tried this on their hair?

LongHairNWaiting

Hello Ladies,

First allow me to say that you'll for providing some of the most "interesting" and "on-the-mark" hair care treatments! *whew* Thank you for sharing my sistahs from another mother....:lachen::yay::notworthy

Anywho...I was in one of my shopping stores (a sistah is supporting her PJ habit...lol), and I saw a deal on some protein shampoo. I was excited and purchased it. I must admit that my eyes saw the words "protein" and that is what made me purchase it.

So I washed my hair (I was wearing braids at the time), and it appeared to make my hair dry...very dry at that! Now at this time I am stretching my perm, so I am about 4 months post. I believed the shampoo was more on my roots than the shaft.

After only 1 use my hair appeared to be very dry :nono: and I had to moisture my hair back to health. Therefore, I told myself I will not be using this shampoo again. After looking more closely at the bottle I saw the words RICE PROTEIN. So I was wondering has anyone heard of a RICE PROTEIN SHAMPOO and know its affects on the hair? Maybe I missed something, after all-- I was washing with braids in my hair.

*Note: I'll take any input on anyone who has used this type of shampoo before. And if you want it, feel free to send me an email and I wiill ship it off to you...lol <no kidding>

Rina

Hey girl,

My sister tried the rice protein as well and she mentioned to me the same effects. I would like to know whats the deal with this. lol

ShaniKeys

I use rice bran oil mixed with wheat germ oil as a strengthening treatment sometimes...never had any problems with it.