Rinse (color) Application

princessdi

I am due my relaxer next week and would like to apply semi-permanent color after; I use colourshines. For those of you who apply color after relaxing, please share your steps for a successful relaxer and rinse.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I think If you so a mid protein step, you should dc with a moisturizing conditioner then apply the rinse. It's still going to take. But the rinse is going to seal your hair in the state that it is in. I've been dc'ing before and after the rinse and have seen great results.

I self-texlax and here are my steps, in order:

touchup, protein, neutralize, color rinse, DC

What she said!!!

This is exactly how I do my rinses - however I would follow the directions for colourshines - if I remember correctly with colourshines - after rinsing the color, I would shampoo again and then use a deep moisturizing conditioner

What she said!!!

This is exactly how I do my rinses - however I would follow the directions for colourshines - if I remember correctly with colourshines - after rinsing the color, I would shampoo again and then use a deep moisturizing conditioner

Agree @ bolded.

I tried to just rinse with conditioner and it still left some of the color deposit in my hair. I had to shampoo my hair about 2 days later because my scalp was itching like crazy.

Last edited:
Back