Rinse/Dye question?

Arcadian

Rinses are generally fine, as they do not penetrate the strand but are on top. I used to use Wella Demi colors with no issue on relaxer day.

Its always good to do a test for allergies though to make sure you don't have a reaction.

-A

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
Yes it's fine. I've even seen hair dyes at drugstores and BSS that specifically state they can be used the same day as a relaxer. I'm actually thinking of asking my stylist to use a black rinse on my hair when I go for my touchup.

IMFOCSD

Yup, the instructions to rinses/semi permanent color suggests that they be done on freshly relaxed hair.

I always apply my rinses the same day as i relax....right after i neutralize.

Last edited:

tasha7239

Yep...I just did it. Although I was nervous as heck....everything turned out good though. My profile pic is the one I just took after the rinse.

tasha7239

@tasha7239, What color and brand did you use...very pretty results.

IMFOCSD, thank you. I will find out for you. I got in done in a salon in NC. I know it was in a blue bottle and I want to say it has a V on the bottle. I will double check for you. I will tell you that I got it done on Thursday but I washed my hair on Saturday and all I saw in the shower was red :ohwell: It is not as bright now. I think I am going to try Jazzings Cherry somthing on Friday. I will PM you when I find out.

IMFOCSD

IMFOCSD, thank you. I will find out for you. I got in done in a salon in NC. I know it was in a blue bottle and I want to say it has a V on the bottle. I will double check for you. I will tell you that I got it done on Thursday but I washed my hair on Saturday and all I saw in the shower was red :ohwell: It is not as bright now. I think I am going to try Jazzings Cherry somthing on Friday. I will PM you when I find out.

You will love jazzing...that's what i have in my hair now...i have the redest color they have, i forgot the name of it.