Rinse Question

SNyeema

So I want to put a black "rinse" in my hair. Will the box say "Rinse" or will it say semi-permanent or something else? Is a semi-permanent color a rinse or is that totally different? I'm doing this today so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

-- Nyeema

Arcadian

SNyeema said:
So I want to put a black "rinse" in my hair. Will the box say "Rinse" or will it say semi-permanent or something else? Is a semi-permanent color a rinse or is that totally different? I'm doing this today so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

-- Nyeema

It depends on the brand. I use Wella which is a demi color. You can use either with heat if its been a few weeks after your last relaxer OR, without heat if you're relaxing on the same day.

I use a dark brown instead of black because of my coloring.

Rinses are by nature semi colorants because they don't penetrate, they just coat the strands. Its the same with Demi colors as well.

You'll have to be sure to use a good moisterizing conditioner after so you're hair isn't as dry.

-A

SNyeema

Arcadian said:
It depends on the brand. I use Wella which is a demi color. You can use either with heat if its been a few weeks after your last relaxer OR, without heat if you're relaxing on the same day.

I use a dark brown instead of black because of my coloring.

Rinses are by nature semi colorants because they don't penetrate, they just coat the strands. Its the same with Demi colors as well.

You'll have to be sure to use a good moisterizing conditioner after so you're hair isn't as dry.

-A

Thank you so much for responding. I'll keep a look out for the word "semi" on the box since that's the same thing as a rinse. I'll also pick up a good moisterizing conditioner. Thanks again.