Rinses

princessdi

For those of you who use a rinse instead of permanent dyes, please send suggestions for the best type of rinse to use. I need to cover up some of my gray and my hair cannot tolerate permanent dyes. Ever single time a permanent dye is put in my hair (by a professional) my hair begins to break and snap and no one ever knows why, so I have decided not to go that route anymore, and I haven’t dyed my hair since 2006. I’m in dire need of something, gray hair is popping up all over the place.

I have heard that rinses are a lot more gentle on the hair, and I would like to try a rinse after my next relaxer. Can you ladies offer suggestions for what type of rinse to use? I'd like to have some type of pretty color, and I would also like to make sure it doesn't contain anything that would cause a setback (i.e., breakage).

Thank you.

*Also, how long after a fresh relaxer should I wait to put one in (two weeks)?

kami11213

I've been using KISS semi permanent in Jet Black and my hair loves it. I apply it right after I neutralize... it has protein in it so I make sure to DC for at least 30 min right after. Haven't had any problems... only thing is it washes out after about 4 washes for me

janeemat

I use Matrix Prizms Plus. In my area you need a license to purchase it. It covers and coats the gray really nice. Problem is as much as I deep cond, I find myself using it every 3 weeks. It also has a nice smell.

lexi08

I use Matrix Prizms Plus. In my area you need a license to purchase it. It covers and coats the gray really nice. Problem is as much as I deep cond, I find myself using it every 3 weeks. It also has a nice smell.

Yes this is what my stylist uses :yep: I just wish it was easier to purchase for non-licensed. I occasionally see the product on ebay. I would like to have a bottle of clear to use between salon visits.