RIP to my transition...

TrulyBlessed

...for I am officially au natural! I would like to thank the many naturals and fellow transitioners for the much needed tips, advice and support that has carried me through for the past 20 months. All of my friends and family couldn't be more excited about the change; and even my mom who was initially against the whole process is loving my hair (I'm sure some of yall remember my old post venting about that). I am definitely getting a lot of stares of admiration from other ladies and the fellas are trying to holla (wasn't ready for that one)..so to all the other transitioners and those considering becoming natural, hang in there and ignore all of the naysayers.

I've been doing my own mini chops throughout the whole process, so I only had about 1-2 inches to trim off. Yesterday I sported to large afro puffs with a twist on each side and a wooden bead on each end. Later in the evening I devoted 5 hours to putting my hair back in two strand twists and rolling them on perm rods for curly twists. My hair is extremely thick and between 7-9.5 inches. One tip that I truly encourage is the use of protective styling. For the past 5 months I've consistently kept my hair in 2 strand twists and occasional twistouts; and because of this I have retained length and have received more growth than any pill or hair formula ever used.

Anyway, once again thanks for the support and being sources of inspiration to become natural in the first place. Be blessed yall!

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Yay! You're completely natural now! Congratulations! Happy hair growing! God bless!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

wicky2828

Congrats on becoming 100% natural. I think we are now hair soul sisters (I think that is what it is called:) ) cause we share the same BC birthday. Did you BC yesterday are today??? I went natural a year ago today.

Last edited:

TrulyBlessed

Thank you so much, you all are too sweet :kiss: Btw you all are looking mighty fabulous in your pics!

honeycomb, i knew that question was coming..I'll be getting a new digital cam within the next couple of weeks, so I'll be sure to post some pics ASAP ;)

My BC was yesterday July 4th, so Wicky we're almost hair soul sisters :) and Chocolate, it looks like I get to share the date with you..I didn't plan on doing it yesterday but the urge just came out of nowhere.

Thanks again and I indeed look forward to bugging some of yall in this new phase of my hair journey! :D