Rogaine and hereditary hair loss

Blu217

Hi ladies -

Some of ya'll know me from my periodic updates about my hair loss. I have hereditary hair loss at the temples/front hairline and two years ago right out of the blue I developed scarring alopecia at the crown.

Since last September I've been using Rogaine on all my thinning areas. Every doctor I saw told me to not expect anything on the scarring areas, but I applied it there anyway, just to see.

I tried a lot of stuff that didn't work (castor oil, sulfur, vitamins, emu oil, essential oils), then in September I started using Rogaine 5% foam once a day. My temples are pretty close to my pre-thinned days again, and those bald patches in my crown from the scarring alopecia have, to my happy surprise, also filled in to the point I can't see them anymore. I'm certainly not as lush up top as I was before all this happened, but... it's NORMAL again.

SO. My mom saw all my regrowth and wanted to give it a go too. Thinning in the front is hereditary on her side of the family and, at 69, her hairline has receded very far back over the last 30 years or so. I wasn't sure it would work for her because Rogaine says it does best on follicles that haven't been dormant for long periods. She's been using it for about 4 months and tonight showed me her halrline--it's BACK! She's got fluffy silver fuzz all along the front of her hair and for the first time since I was a kid I can clearly see my mom's old hairline again! We're both pretty excited about it; I'm thrilled it worked for her too.

My suggestion to anyone who's struggling with hair loss and ready to give up is to give some very serious consideration to trying Rogaine. I was reluctant at first because of the thought I'd have to use it for good--then I realized I have to brush my teeth for the rest of my life to keep them too. I've noticed no side effects other than occasional dandruff if I don't wash soon enough; I just put in a few drops of the liquid on the needy spots and keep it moving.

Happy growin', ya'll!

The Sweetest B

Hi ladies -

Some of ya'll know me from my periodic updates about my hair loss. I have hereditary hair loss at the temples/front hairline and two years ago right out of the blue I developed scarring alopecia at the crown.

Since last September I've been using Rogaine on all my thinning areas. Every doctor I saw told me to not expect anything on the scarring areas, but I applied it there anyway, just to see.

I tried a lot of stuff that didn't work (castor oil, sulfur, vitamins, emu oil, essential oils), then in September I started using Rogaine 5% foam once a day. My temples are pretty close to my pre-thinned days again, and those bald patches in my crown from the scarring alopecia have, to my happy surprise, also filled in to the point I can't see them anymore. I'm certainly not as lush up top as I was before all this happened, but... it's NORMAL again.

SO. My mom saw all my regrowth and wanted to give it a go too. Thinning in the front is hereditary on her side of the family and, at 69, her hairline has receded very far back over the last 30 years or so. I wasn't sure it would work for her because Rogaine says it does best on follicles that haven't been dormant for long periods. She's been using it for about 4 months and tonight showed me her halrline--it's BACK! She's got fluffy silver fuzz all along the front of her hair and for the first time since I was a kid I can clearly see my mom's old hairline again! We're both pretty excited about it; I'm thrilled it worked for her too.

My suggestion to anyone who's struggling with hair loss and ready to give up is to give some very serious consideration to trying Rogaine. I was reluctant at first because of the thought I'd have to use it for good--then I realized I have to brush my teeth for the rest of my life to keep them too. I've noticed no side effects other than occasional dandruff if I don't wash soon enough; I just put in a few drops of the liquid on the needy spots and keep it moving.

Happy growin', ya'll!

One of my hair issues is my bald temples and now that you mentioned it and I look at my family members I realize that they are possible hereditary. I could almost already see the pattern in my 17 year old son that I have already pointed it out to him and ask him to be vigilant at the barber about his shape up. Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you on your success. thanks for sharing your story.

taytay86

Bumping! I am wondering what other ladies have to say about the use of rogaine plus any preventative measures we can take for hereditary balding. Thanks!