Rogaine for Women

nickpoopie

Ok, so I've decided that I'm going to start back using Rogaine for women, not only for the hair growth but I really need my crown area to come back. When I was 23 (11 years ago) I used Rogaine in conjuction with hair vitamins to re-grow my hair and it actually worked. I was getting weekly roller sets and my beautician commented that my hair was getting longer and thicker. I got so excited and stopped the rogaine and vitamins. Needless to say what I grew came out. If I do this I know that it will be something that I will have to keep up but my hair is thinning too bad for me to not do anything and I can't afford those transplants, not to mention, they're very expensive. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nickpoopie

YaniraNaturally
I actually found a thread from last year about hair loss and alot of people mentioned using MegaTek. I didn't know what it was so I googled to get more information. I will be ordering some this week. Do you think I would get better results with this alone or in conjuction with the rogaine?

Nonie

@nickpoopie, I personally view Rogaine as a temporary fix unless you are open to doing this for the rest of your life. I view it like using glue to keep things attached...but being aware that you'll have to reapply the glue on a daily basis to keep things attached...because the day you stop, it'll wear off and the hair you grew will fall off. So I am not really sure what the logic is to use it along with another hair-growing product. I know a lot of people do this. Even Dr Pickart of www.skinbiology.com I believe has directions for hair growth that involve using minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine) along with Folligen...or whatever other hairgrowing product he has. Perhaps posing the question on their forum could help you decide for yourself if you should use them together. Or maybe someone who has can help.

I'm pretty anti-minoxidil so I would dismiss it reasoning that it'd be misleading and giving me a false impression of the results I was getting. Because I'd never know what effect the other product has, if any, and if I stopped using Rogaine to find out, I'd be afraid of going back to square 1.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, since Rogaine worked for you, how would you know if Mega Tek is making any difference whatsoever, if you're still using Rogaine? And if you're already happy with Rogaine and happy to use it for life, why change?

I guess I hate wasting time, and in order to keep using something, I'd need to know it's actually working. And to find this out, I believe in testing it w/o any interference from something else. So if I were going to try Mega Tek, I'd try it w/o Rogaine in order to decide whether it's worth using. And then if I wanted to add on my tried and true, then I can...once I confirm MT is not a waste of time.

Shadiyah

Ok, so I've decided that I'm going to start back using Rogaine for women, not only for the hair growth but I really need my crown area to come back. When I was 23 (11 years ago) I used Rogaine in conjuction with hair vitamins to re-grow my hair and it actually worked. I was getting weekly roller sets and my beautician commented that my hair was getting longer and thicker. I got so excited and stopped the rogaine and vitamins. Needless to say what I grew came out. If I do this I know that it will be something that I will have to keep up but my hair is thinning too bad for me to not do anything and I can't afford those transplants, not to mention, they're very expensive. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well what I have heard is that once you start the rogaine you have to stay on it because that hair will not stay once you stop using it. it is a life sentence.

nickpoopie

Shadiyah
You are absolutely correct in that you have to stay on it. Like I mentioned in my initial post, it's something that I have done before and I experienced great results but once I discontinued the product my hair came out again. My thinning is directly related to heredity. I had a free analysis done and was able to see the buildup of the DHT hormone on my hair follicle. If there's another way, I'm all for it (other than surgery).

SimplyBlessed

I think there should be more studies on rogaine and that it has to b used for the intended use...

Rogaine is for ppl with a CERTAIN type of hair loss (hormones etc) not from pulling hair out and things like traction alopecia

Therefore if u use it and ur hair loss is not related to the type of hair loss its intended for...yea once u stop it makes sense that ur results will be loss

I'm not trying to waste my time and see although I have contemplated it in the past

OP have u gone to the doctor and got blood work done?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Shadiyah
You are absolutely correct in that you have to stay on it. Like I mentioned in my initial post, it's something that I have done before and I experienced great results but once I discontinued the product my hair came out again. My thinning is directly related to heredity. I had a free analysis done and was able to see the buildup of the DHT hormone on my hair follicle. If there's another way, I'm all for it (other than surgery).

There are a few other threads about issues with DHT and how to remove it with other methods outside of Rogaine. I too read that Rogaine is a use it or lose it kind of solution. So I would suggest you doing your research before automatically reaching for that product. You should be able to locate the right threads by using these terms:

DHT, natural DHT removal, aloepecia, thinning hair

HHJ

chicha

There are a few other threads about issues with DHT and how to remove it with other methods outside of Rogaine. I too read that Rogaine is a use it or lose it kind of solution. So I would suggest you doing your research before automatically reaching for that product. You should be able to locate the right threads by using these terms:

DHT, natural DHT removal, aloepecia, thinning hair

HHJ

@mzteaze do you remember what items those were?

To the original poster, I tried Rogaine but it made my hair hard. Dry. And difficult to style. Just a complete mess. So Im looking at other alternatives. Also if you use Ketoconazole shampoo at the two percent level while using Rogaine, it should remove the dht buildup and prevent fallout of hair when you stop Rogaine. But you must use it every 2-3 days.

Does anyone know of other stuff to help regrow the hair? My bald spots are not filling in.

mzsophisticated26

I was thinking about Rogaine but upon research I chose to use minoval which still has 2% minoxidil in it, I only used it for about 4wks but it did help fill in my thinning crown. I stopped due to being lazy, i think I am gonna try minoval grease and drops together. I have not used it in about 3 months and my spots did not get worse.

Nonie

Does anyone know of other stuff to help regrow the hair? My bald spots are not filling in.

@chicha, there's a whole thread discussing alopecia solutions (I need to go find it). In the meantime, I grew back my bald spots using a recipe I share in this thread. Later on in the thread I give a link to a website that has more info on hair regrowth.

ETA: Here's the discussion I was referring to in which people share what worked for them: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=419438

Evolving78

i am all for using Megatek! it works pretty well. i have used it to grow spots back from chemical and stress damage. i used a black tea rinse to curb the shedding i was experienced with the chemical damage from some bad hair coloring.