Roller set dry...Product? Or no Product?

What product to use?

• Mousse

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Moisturizer

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Diluted setting lotion

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BFeathers

I'm contemplating roller setting my hair dry now. The thing is I've gotten good with roller setting it wet. But I just got a relaxer and I had it washed pretty fast so hair shaft length wise texture and thickness is still there and I love it but put some water type of product on and it poofs out.

I just did a wet set with setting lotion (my preferred method) and saw the poof.

My wet sets usually last me a good week (as in 5 days) since I wash weekly. But I don't want to put a wet product on my hair to make it "hold" because I'll just have to flat iron it out to get it smooth and that defeats the purpose and my hair loses the "bounce" from the roller set.

I roller set for bounce and a 'bumped under' look. I like wearing my hair straight but I don't like flat ends. I like the old school, curling iron curled/curved under bumped ends and roller setting does just that and it keeps a flat iron out of my hair for months on end.

As it is now I know when I wash I'll HAVE to flat iron to get the smoothness but WHAT can I use to make the rollers hold. I'd assume they'd hold decently but I'm skeptial on mousses (they're a water based majority product) and the like.

Should I just use my moisturizer on the ends lightly? Or some very light holding spray and like spray it in my hands then run it through the section about to be rolled?

BFeathers

Okay so mousse.

I've searched up and down LHCF and everything thread and posts mentions air drying, wet sets, etc. My hair is going to already but dry dry and flat ironed.

What else is good to keep away the poof but give me body. I can't see plain with no product lasting longer than 4 hours or so.