Rollerset at Beauty School?

luvSLave

I've been lurking on the site for the past few months and have gotten some really great tips from you ladies. However, I'm finding it difficult to wash as frequently as I'd like. The biggest reason is that I'm kinda lazy
grin.gif
. I've thought about going to the salon more frequently but since I'm from NY and am used to getting a $15 wash and set at a Dominican spot I can't bring myself to spend $40 for one here more than every couple of weeks.

Going down Rhode Island Ave. in DC the other day I passed the Dudley Beauty College and was thinking that perhaps I could get a decent wash & set there for less than at a salon. Thoughts? Suggestions? It doesn't have to be there but does anyone else in the DC metro area know of a beauty school or inexpensive salon where I could go for a wash & set? Also interested in hearing about any experiences you all may have had at a beauty school.

Re: Wash & Set at Beauty School in DC-metro Area?

I had a bad experience at a Dudley's in NC...I won't be going to another beauty college EVER again. I'm thinking the quality of the stylist will be different in NY though. If you do decided to go, make sure to ask for a graduate student.

I'm in DC now, that's the problem. Back when I was in high school in NY, before there were Dominican salons all over, I went to a beauty school to get some tracks put in. They did a decent job. I just keep thinking how could anyone attending beuty school screw up a wash and set? I wanna continue going to my regular person for touch-ups, rinses and trims, I just can't afford her on a weekly basis.

My mother goes this beauty salon around the corner all the time for wash n' sets! I can pm you the info when I get home..

What about the Hair Cuttery, I never been there but don't they do wash n' sets??

That would be great although I have no idea was pm means
laugh.gif
. Do you know how much your mom pays?

I mean rollerset when I say wash & set. I didn't know they did those at the Hair Cuttery. I've never been to one.

laugh.gif
I will give send you a pm when i get home. I'm not sure how much she pays but knowing her it isn't over $15:D

If you go to her, please report what happens. I'm trying out different stylists as well.
smile.gif

Definitely. I've learned so much fom you ladies and I'm anxious to give back!

I think a wash and set would be fine but don't go to them for your relaxer. My mother did that a long time ago because her friend encouraged her and when she came home it didn't look like they did anything to her hair.

Well I'm having mine done this weekend at Ladydee36330's house of beauty, namely my kitchen. Never done one before but think I have enough hair now to give it a try. Wish me luck.

Good luck lady! I'd do it myself but between having hard water, my arms getting tired and my hooded drier dying on me I haven't had that much practice. Therefore, on the rare occasions I have tried, it's been a hot mess
frown.gif

Times like this when that thread on us doing each other's hair sounds pretty good.

My friend used to always get her hair done at one and her hair looked so good! That was way back in the day though. I don't trust alot of these young girls today because they are being taught all kinds of wacky stuff in beauty school, no offense anyone.

i just starting going to a beauty school in Laurel, MD for the past month. My results are excellent. My hair was so damaged prior because of a coloring mishap. They relaxed my hair for me and did a deep conditioning and roller set. I go there all the time now for my deep conditioning and roller set, they are wonderful. They really massage your scalp during the deep conditioning process. My hair is so soft now and not breaking any more.

What beauty school do you go to? Do you ask for a specific person or have you had a good experiences with more than one student?

i went to Aspen beauty school in Laurel. Only the senior students do clients hair and they are all great.

Back