Rollersetting 2011! (Challenge, Tips, Techniques, etc.)

what size rollers would i need for collarbone to shoulder legnth hair....sorry newbie :look:

You could probably use 1.5 inch rollers for loose curls. What kind of curl are you looking for? A tighter curl will require a smaller roller but you could probably use up to 2 inch rollers for loose waves even at collarbone length I think.

I'm rollersetting tomorrow :D. I did my last one last weekend using the blue bouffant 2 inchers from Macherie. I just got one set and it changed the whole game for me. I was able to part my mohawk SUPER wide (because of how long the rollers are) leaving just 2 side sections on each side to work with instead of like 4 on each side which was DREADFUL for me lol. Previously, I'd had a disastrous time getting all of the rollers to fit in some type of order after the mohawk was done but as expected the length of the french bouffant rollers allowed me to have way less hair to work with outside the mohawk. I did have some trouble fitting under the dryer but my hair was fully dry within an hour. My head would not fit under but the hair still dried.

Solitude

If anyone has purchased a Pibbs lately, please share the info in about your purchase in this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=583067.

I know I've been MIA in this rollersetting challenge...that is basically because I've been too lazy/busy to rollerset lately. BTW, I have owned two Gold 'n Hot rolling dryers and they were both great. I sold the first one while I was moving, then purchased a Gold 'n Hot Elite that I still own. I'm just ready to upgrade after 3 years of setting. One of my recent sets is in my siggy.

skraprchik

I want to thank you ladies for all of the tips you have posted in this thread. I hope that there is a Rollersetting 2012 thread, because I will definitely be participating. This was my go-to hair care method for years, until I started using the flat iron. What a mistake that was. I'm now re-learning how to roller set with natural hair, which is requiring a lot of practice. This week has been very wet, but when the weather turns back to dry I will be trying out my new bouffant mesh rollers.