ROUGH ENDS!!

Wolftrap

I noticed that my hair on the very ends is a little course. I was wondering if there were any products you guys can recommend for this that will not weigh my hair down. I just did a deep conditioner treatment yesterday and still noticed this. I wear my hair down all the time. I was wondering if it was because I need to buy a silk scarf to put around my clothes everyday. I noticed some of you ladies recommend that. But the rest of my hair seems to be in good condition and I don't see split ends but the ends are a little course.

I was trimming every 6 weeks when I got my touch ups but since I've been on this board and learning some things I no longer want to trim it as often as I was. But it doesn't seem like it needs a trim I'm not sure

any suggestions on what to keep them moisturized with that will not weigh my hair down? I know some of you vaseline your ends and that would just be bad for me since I wear my hair down all the time. Any other suggestions?

Moisturize your ends twice a day everyday. I use to have a problem with dry ends. I don't anymore because I make sure they are moisturized everyday. I use Cathy Howse's cream moisturizer.

I wanna know too- I just got cut off my very rough, scraggly ends yesterday and I'd like to keep em smooth because I don't plan to trim for a long time...

If you moisturize you ends everyday do they not eventually become weighed down and look oily? That is what I am afraid of happening. Does this cathy howse cream keep your hair from doing this? I bought the QP Mango Butter. Is this good for daily moisture on your ends without piling up?

Wolftrap, try Phyto 9 (available on the net or at Nordstroms). It keeps your ends moisturized and is so lightweight that you can use it daily. The only downfall is the price, it's $22 per tube.

I too wear my hair down daily and I don't have rough ends due to my collection of silk scarves and the Phytho 9.

I have not had a problem with my hair becoming weighed down but then again I wash my hair every 3 days. You could try Cathy Howse's Dew moisturizer. It comes in a spray bottle and is very light on the hair.

When I wear my hair down I use Pink Oil Moisturizer on the length and ends, it works great. It keeps my hair moisturized (not greasy) and adds shine. However, my hair is VERY dry, it might be too greasy for you.

I think I'm going to try the mango butter that I have a purchase a silk scarf to wear during the day around my shoulders

wolftrap i had the same exact problem as u do. my ends were screaming for moisture, but since i wear my hair down many oils would weight my hair down and i have the perfect solution. when i condition my hair i put keracare essential oils directly on my ends and do a deep condition. when i rollerset i put giovanni direct leave in on the more dry ends. once my rollerset is finish my ends are PERFECT. once i started this i haven't had any problems. now and then i will put a little essential oils on my ends for more moisture because they are so dry, but i think i will try that phyto 9 myself.

I will try what you said. I have had a lot of luck with the keracare line since it was recommended on this site. I use their Humectant for deep conditioning but i will try and find the essential oils that you recommend. The Giovanni direct leave in I have never heard of. Do you know where I could get that from?

Well if you wrap your hair with a silk scarf and keep it moisturized not overtly so you should be okay. I use Wild Hair Growth every other day or two days (Not alot) I usually do about 6-7 parts that span the entire scalp and apply the oil. By combining it with the silk scarf you should be fine. But moisturizing is the key!!!

how do you style your hair? that may be the source of the rough ends. if i dont rollerset, my hair is very big and frizzy. also the ends could become frizzy if my hair does not dry flat. could this be the problem?

I have dry ends as well, however, I put myself on a s-curl challenge for a month. Which consist of putting s-curl on my ends morning and night for a month to see if my ends get better. So far, so good. If that don't work I'll try the vaseline chanellge for a month and so on and so on.

I know it sounds crazy, but I have very dry ends and I use Recovery Moisturizer by Elasta QP and then, on the very ends, I use A and D Ointment to help "seal" in the moisture! It works wonders and is not very heavy at all if you use it sparingly.

Back