Rough strands when rollersetting

Britt

Ok, I didn't know what to title this thread.
Let me describe what I'm talking about, when I am rollersetting my hair, the top and middle especially, when pulled taut the strands aren't smooth. I don't mean smooth as in my leave in is not doing it's job. I mean, my hair looks kinda damaged. It also feels a little weaker than other parts of my hair...
The hair strands should look like this when wet __________
but it doesn't.
My hair is moisturized and healthy, but when I'm rollersetting I def. notice this. Do I need more protein or moisture? Or a mixture of both ?
I think if you airdry (like I use to for a long time) you won't notice this b/c your hair is smoothed back, but whenever I rollerset and can feel the different sections of my hair, I notice this. What type of treatment can correct this ? This is chemical damage I think.

RavenMaven

You should try some protein, a good moisturizer, and a nice deep conditioning. You can never go wrong with that!

sqzbly1908

This happened to me, when my hair was dry it was okay but when wet it felt hard and a little tangled, I had to comb each section a few times before placing it on the roller ..I did some overnight moisturizing dcs with AO HSR and Kenra MC alternating days and it got me back on track....

nuance7

I am going thru the same thing. I am a rollersetting queen and a deep conditioning fanatic (both protein and moisture). I have concluded that those sections that are not as smooth are UNDERPROCESSED!!!!! I am contemplating doing a corrective on those sections.