Rowenta flat iron

Well I bought this iron from Ulta to see if it works on natural 4b hair and it does! I didn't even blow dry first, just air dried and combed it out and somehow this iron created enough tension to get my ends STRAIGHT without doing the comb/brush chase method (I actually had my brush on stand by in case the comb on the iron didn't work). This iron means the end of the comb chase method using a separate comb. It will save me so much time. Only downside is i couldn't get my roots well but I haven't owned a flat iron yet that can handle my roots without blow drying first. Also, you have to make sure your hair is WELL detangled. I rushed through detangling one section and it snagged my hair. I will update when I try it on blow dried hair.

I just bought this flat iron from Bloomingdales. I had a Croc before and I loved it but somehow I lost it when I was traveling. I am trying the one with teeth even though I'm skeptical because I would think the teeth need to be more fine. I will try it tomorrow and report back. If it doesn't work I will take it back and get the one without teeth.

I was too excited so I tried it out last night. I had washed and rollerset my hair Saturday night before going out but I sweated it out so I just used the iron to smooth it back out. I loved it! It straightened in one pass and left my strands shiny. It was great not having to do the comb chase method. The roots were a bit difficult to get to but all in all it was good. The only thing I do not like about this iron is that they have preset heat settings so it's either 260, 300, 350, etc. I can't remember exactly the presets but I normally like to use 310-320 and I couldn't select that temp so I had to either go to 350 or reduce to 300. I used 350 and it didn't burn but next time I think I will try the lower setting.

I was too excited so I tried it out last night. I had washed and rollerset my hair Saturday night before going out but I sweated it out so I just used the iron to smooth it back out. I loved it! It straightened in one pass and left my strands shiny. It was great not having to do the comb chase method. The roots were a bit difficult to get to but all in all it was good. The only thing I do not like about this iron is that they have preset heat settings so it's either 260, 300, 350, etc. I can't remember exactly the presets but I normally like to use 310-320 and I couldn't select that temp so I had to either go to 350 or reduce to 300. I used 350 and it didn't burn but next time I think I will try the lower setting.
Thanks will consider. Love Rowenta irons

Agree with bold.

I just got the Rowenta Steam infusion flat iron to replace my Maxxiglide. It looks like the same flat iron but with the steam option.

The teeth AND the steam make a huge difference. The comb being on one side is awkward initially, but I got used to it. The steam compartment is huge compared to other steam irons. I'll never have to refill it with water while I'm using it. Instead of me pushing a button to release steam, it is released when the plates are pressed together. I love the way it looks, very sleek. l'm pleased so far.

Agree with bold.

I just got the Rowenta Steam infusion flat iron to replace my Maxxiglide. It looks like the same flat iron but with the steam option.

The teeth AND the steam make a huge difference. The comb being on one side is awkward initially, but I got used to it. The steam compartment is huge compared to other steam irons. I'll never have to refill it with water while I'm using it. Instead of me pushing a button to release steam, it is released when the plates are pressed together. I love the way it looks, very sleek. l'm pleased so far.

Where did you purchase your flatiron from because I can't find it anywhere.

Where did you purchase your flatiron from because I can't find it anywhere.

21DWCF2a5kL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Redken-Rowenta-Infusion-Straightening-Patents/dp/B00IIUOMK

UPDATE: I had to take it back.:( Even with blow drying I still couldn't get my roots straight to save my life. I wanted to try it a few times with different straightening products to see if that would work but it was a no go. I love what it did for my ends and eliminating the extra comb/brush but I was looking like I did back when I used to relax and would be months post relaxer with the puffy roots and straight ends. Not a good look. I really wish it got my roots.:cry3:I saved so much time not having to bother with another tool. Now I'm back to my old iron that gets my roots just fine but not my ends without a comb chase.

Last edited:

Looks like you had pretty much the same experience as I did. I also didn't like the presets for the heat setting either but it's still better than my Sultra Diva pressing iron which only has 420 and 450 degree settings.

I was looking for this a while ago and gave up because I couldn't find it stateside. I believe it was only available in the UK and Australia at the time.

When I was looking for YouTube reviews most of the videos were in French. :lol:

The American version is the Redken Rowenta Steam Infusion. The European one is L'Oréal Steam Pod which is cheaper but you'd need a voltage converter.

I just saw it today at Ulta. I bought mine from Bloomingdales.

It hasn't made it to my Ulta yet. I don't even see it on their website.

ETA: Are you talking about the Redken/Rowenta steam iron or the Straight Express?

Last edited:
When I was looking for YouTube reviews most of the videos were in French. :lol:

The American version is the Redken Rowenta Steam Infusion. The European one is L'Oréal Steam Pod which is cheaper but you'd need a voltage converter.

Yeah, that's the one the Steampod. I actually looked up converters at the time, lol. Then I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Back