Rusk Dryer needs to be sent back under warranty. U think this is a fair replacement?

HoneyDew

Okay I own a Rusk Hyper Ionic. LOVE LOVE LOVE this dryer!!!!!!!!!!

Hyper Ionic Professional Ceramic Dryer with 16 Ionic Chambers

Unsurpassed power to weight ratio! Rusk's Hyper Ionic dryer, boasts a state of the art AC motor. The Hyper Ionic is more powerful yet lighter in weight than traditional dryers. This 1900 watt ceramic dryer emits far-infrared heat and negative ions through 16 ionic chambers to dramatically reduce hair's drying time. Far-infrared rays dry hair from the inside out leaving each strand silky, smooth, soft and shiny.
Retail Value $165 (although you can find them SO MUCH cheaper)

I have owned it since November of last year, but the fan cover on the very back will not stay on so I am going to send it back to them. The lady on the phone told me they will send me this instead. :look:

SPEEDFREAK RUSK PROFESSIONAL 2000 WATT CERAMIC TURBO DRYER

Perfect Balance. Total Control. Precise Heat. Lightweight. Maximum Comfort. Incredibly fast and gentle, Rusk's SpeedFreak 2000-watt ceramic dryer, uses far-infrared heat and negative ions to dramatically reduce hair's drying time. Far-infrared rays penetrate the outer cuticle of the hair; drying hair from the inside out. The ceramic element emits negative ion reflectives that enhance and renew the vitality of hair.

The Speed Freak is designed for heavy-duty use by salon professionals; its lightweight, perfectly balanced and ergonomically designed.
Retail Value $135.99 (I am sure they can
be found so much cheaper, as well)

I LOVE my Hyper Ionic and I really don’t want to part with it. Do you think they are giving me a fair trade here? Something does not feel right about it.

RubyWoo

Re: Rusk Dryer needs to be sent back under warranty. U think this is a fair replaceme

Why won't they give you a replacement of the one you originally purchased? Also, where did you purchase your Rusk Hyper Ionic?

sunshinebeautiful

Re: Rusk Dryer needs to be sent back under warranty. U think this is a fair replaceme

Why won't they give you a replacement of the one you originally purchased? Also, where did you purchase your Rusk Hyper Ionic?

Ditto. Did you ask why they switched models for your replacement?

RubyWoo

:bump::bump:

HoneyDew

thanks for bumping this. :)

Well, they said this other one "replaced" the HyperIonic I have.

I just don't think I am going to like it as much. When I spoke to the lady on the phone she put me on hold and went "in the back" to see if they had that part. She said that when they get defective ones back they save the parts for cases like this. But, they did not have the part I need. My dryer works perfectly, but this thing has something to do with the Ionic feature, I think.

I still have not sent my dryer yet. I LOVE this dryer and I have never used anything like it. I fear that this cheaper on won't be as good, will be heavier, etc.

HoneyDew

Why am I so attached to this thing??! :look: