Rusk Moist shampoo & Conditioner (review)

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Recovering pjs might want to ignore this thread. I made one hair related purchase in June. :eek: I can hardly believe I narrowed it down! I brought Rusk's Moist Sunflower & Apricot Shampoo ($9) and conditioner ($8.95)

Shampoo: The bottle says that its concentrated so a little expands into alot when the water hits it. I used a little more than a quarter sized dollop. Just like the label says once I started working it through my hair I realized it was more than enough. It made my hair feel clean without feeling stripped. Ths smell is heavenly. Overall on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 9.

Conditioner: This is a thick, creamy, rinse out type conditioner. This also smells yummy. I could tell I was going to like it right away because it softened my hair on contact. I used two quarter sized dollops. It immediately made my hair feel soft and smooth. The directions say to leave this on for 1-3 mins. I put on a plastic shower cap and left it on for 10 min. I rinsed with cool water. It isn't the best detangler I've ever used though. I detangle under the water stream from the shower with a Jibere shower comb so it wasn't really a problem. Overall I also give this one a 9.

I air dried in a bun. The next day I was very impressed that my hair was still soft and smooth. Two days later I still had the same soft and shiny hair.

I love the Rusk Smoother leave in conditioner. I was just as impressed with these. I think I may try the Calm line when my NTM runs out. (runs out of thread before Mona sees this)

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Yes I've used Nexxus Thereppe and Humuctress. As a mater of fact I purchased the Rusk products to replace my Nexxus when they ran out. I liked the Nexxus products however after several uses I started getting a film like coating on my hair that made my hair limp and dull. After a little investigating I discovered that the Nexxus products were the culprits. I had to do more clarifying than I like to when using these two products. When I finally used up the Nexxus I brought these. I like these better, although I will continue to use Nexxus Emergencee and Keraphix for protein treatments.

junipertree

simplycee said:
Yes I've used Nexxus Thereppe and Humuctress. As a mater of fact I purchased the Rusk products to replace my Nexxus when they ran out. I liked the Nexxus products however after several uses I started getting a film like coating on my hair that made my hair limp and dull. After a little investigating I discovered that the Nexxus products were the culprits. I had to do more clarifying than I like to when using these two products. When I finally used up the Nexxus I brought these. I like these better, although I will continue to use Nexxus Emergencee and Keraphix for protein treatments.

Great! Thanks for the info. Now I have to go and try this stuff.

MonaLisa

simplycee said:
Recovering pjs might want to ignore this thread. I made one hair related purchase in June. :eek: I can hardly believe I narrowed it down! I brought Rusk's Moist Sunflower & Apricot Shampoo ($9) and conditioner ($8.95)

Shampoo: The bottle says that its concentrated so a little expands into alot when the water hits it. I used a little more than a quarter sized dollop. Just like the label says once I started working it through my hair I realized it was more than enough. It made my hair feel clean without feeling stripped. Ths smell is heavenly. Overall on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 9.

Conditioner: This is a thick, creamy, rinse out type conditioner. This also smells yummy. I could tell I was going to like it right away because it softened my hair on contact. I used two quarter sized dollops. It immediately made my hair feel soft and smooth. The directions say to leave this on for 1-3 mins. I put on a plastic shower cap and left it on for 10 min. I rinsed with cool water. It isn't the best detangler I've ever used though. I detangle under the water stream from the shower with a Jibere shower comb so it wasn't really a problem. Overall I also give this one a 9.

I air dried in a bun. The next day I was very impressed that my hair was still soft and smooth. Two days later I still had the same soft and shiny hair.

I love the Rusk Smoother leave in conditioner. I was just as impressed with these. I think I may try the Calm line when my NTM runs out. (runs out of thread before Mona sees this)

LOL! Ur so silly!!!:lol:

Sylver has given mad big ups to Rusk....I wouldn't mind trying out the smoother she raves about...I try things out in addition to my beloved NTM....I ain't neva givin it up doe......:look:

Glad you had a good experience with the line.:)

MonaLisa

lovechic said:
The Smoother is wonderful !!! Much better than the NTM!

Okay...ur getting a lil out of control my sistahfriend....lol...

I'm joking...I'm hardcore about the conditioner, I can relax a lil about the ntm leave in....let's just say I'm sure both products are good....see, I'm willing to say that...

why u gotta be sayin it's much better...why u spit on my leave in? :lol:

lovechic

MonaLisa said:

I'm joking...I'm hardcore about the conditioner, I can relax a lil about the ntm leave in....let's just say I'm sure both products are good....see, I'm willing to say that...

Okay, okay... it's a lil' better. :kiss:

sylver2

MonaLisa said:

:lachen:

I use NTM as my daily conditioner:love:
I use NTM Silk Touch Leave in on my hair when its dry. When I wrap it and when I do my bantu knots. I use it every single day I :love: NTM silk leave in.
I use the Rusk Smoother as my Leave in when my hair is wet. I LOVE It!!
I usually mix it with Lacio Lacio leave in.

MonaLisa

sylver2 said:
:lachen:

I use NTM as my daily conditioner:love:
I use NTM Silk Touch Leave in on my hair when its dry. When I wrap it and when I do my bantu knots. I use it every single day I :love: NTM silk leave in.
I use the Rusk Smoother as my Leave in when my hair is wet. I LOVE It!!
I usually mix it with Lacio Lacio leave in.

*throws up NTM Gang Sign to Sylver, then runs*

sylver2

MonaLisa said:
*throws up NTM Gang Sign to Sylver, then runs*

sho nuff

we gotta bump up the ntm thread and recruit some more people.
I just got comcast broadband high speed so I can post a lot more now...yay.

MonaLisa

sylver2 said:
sho nuff

we gotta bump up the ntm thread and recruit some more people.
I just got comcast broadband high speed so I can post a lot more now...yay.

LOL. Will do...

*sorry for the mini hijack*