Russia and the Ukraine -- Please Pray for God's Peace to Prevail

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
We don't need another war for our country to be a part of, nor for others for that matter. :nono:

Whatever can be done for peace, I pray for God's divine intervention in Jesus' Name, Amen.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/28/world/europe/ukraine-politics/

Please pray for a peaceable resolve involving all. Thank you and God bless each of you and your families and loved ones. :pray: :love2: :pray:

Angelicus

Thank you for posting! I am standing in agreement in prayer for the Lord's will to be done and that the peace of the Lord captivate the hearts of the leaders in this situation.

Belle Du Jour

I posted this before but I remember in the bible of an elderly woman who took care of me, Russia was listed in end time prophecy. I don't know why but it has stuck with me. Russia has been in the back of my mind. Then when I became Catholic, I learned about Fatima, where Our Lady foretold WWI and begged that we pray for the conversion/consecration of Russia. I am just wondering where this is all leading up to.

Praying for peace...

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I posted this before but I remember in the bible of an elderly woman who took care of me,

Russia was listed in end time prophecy.

I don't know why but it has stuck with me. Russia has been in the back of my mind. Then when I became Catholic, I learned about Fatima, where Our Lady foretold WWI and begged that we pray for the conversion/consecration of Russia. I am just wondering where this is all leading up up.

Praying for peace...

You are correct Russia is listed in end time prophecy. :yep:

The war of Gog and Magog in scripture, Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39. :yep:

JessieLeleB

Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: (Ezekiel 38:2, 3 KJV)

How is this Russia?

Shimmie

Staff member
Please give more info I'm interested. How is Gog and Magog, Russia?

Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: (Ezekiel 38:2, 3 KJV)

How is this Russia?

Hope this helps :yep:

http://trackingbibleprophecy.com/gog_magog.php

Gog is the leader of the horde and prince of Meshech, and Tubal. Solid historical accounts point to Magog being Russia. This makes sense in light of Gog coming from the "far north." Russia is the furthest country directly north of Israel. In the Hebrew, "the prince of Rosh" is literally "the chief prince"; not the prince of a place called Rosh, as some scholars suggest.

There is some disagreement among scholars on the locations of Meshech and Tubal, though most believe they represent the former southern Soviet states. Currently, the former Soviet states are still independent from Russia, since the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. However, in 2008, Russia invaded the country of Georgia. This act of aggression by Russia, trying to take the area of South Ossetia from Georgia, may hint that Russia desires to rebuild the Soviet Union again. Indeed, Ezekiel's prophecy shows us that Russia will govern over these former Soviet states at the time of the war. In other words, before this prophecy takes place, Russia will either re-conquer these territories, or they will submit to Russian rule again.

We will go into much more detail on Gog later, but for now it is important to know that Gog is not the name of a person, rather it is a title for a leader. Gog appears as supernatural being elsewhere in Scripture, yet he is also killed and buried (Ezekiel 39:11). I take this to mean that Gog will be a human leader, likely controlled by a demonic spirit, or a fallen angel.

--------------------

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/reasons/Russia.htm

The scriptures indicate that a northern army will invade Israel in the last days. Bible scholars have traced the tribes and have determined that this northern army is led by tribes that have settled in Russia. This prophecy has never been fulfilled so it will be fulfilled in the future.

The details of this invasion from the north are given in Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39. The allies that come with this northern invader are named by nation (tribe). Today most of these nations are Islamic and are enemies of Israel. Ezekiel even lists the countries that will question the reason for this invasion. These nations seem to be nations that come out of the old British Empire and oil rich nations aligned with the West. Ezekiel mentions these nations as Tarshish, all her young lions (English speaking nations), Sheba and Dedan (Saudi Arabia Kuwait). The alignment of nations predicted in Ezekiel is the alignment that we see in that region today. God said He will destroy this northern army that comes against Israel and by doing so He will magnify Himself and become known to many nations.

It says in Ezekiel that at the time of this invasion God will send fire on Magog (Russia) and those that dwell securely in the isles (or coast lands), and from that day they shall know that the God of Israel exists.

Russia is moving toward superpower status again and a new dictatorship

Russia has emerged out of the depression it was in for many years after the fall of the Soviet Union. New growth in the economy due to Russia's rich natural resources will soon bring Russia back to superpower status again. Nationalism, lawlessness and anti-Semitism are rising today in Russia. Most of the former Soviet bloc leaders of the old Soviet Union have come back into power.

Over fifty percent of the positions of power in Russia including Putin are former KGB officers.

They lament the fall of the old Soviet Union and they wish to form a new union of nations led by Russia. Putin recently announced that there will be a new Eurasian union and it is expect to be in place by 2014.

There is no longer freedom of speech in Russia. TV and other media are once again government controlled and enemies often end up dead. The new steps taken by Putin to regain centralized control is leading to a dictatorship.

Russia continues to modernize its nuclear weapons and to prepare underground facilities in case of war. Russia has successfully developed a new long range missile that can change directions after launch. These missiles can successfully penetrate the antimissile system shield that is being developed by the United States.

Russia also has strategic ties to regional Islamic countries. Russia is actively aiding Iran in building nuclear power plants that will giver Iran nuclear material for nuclear weapons. The Arab/Islamic countries have one common enemy and at some point they will try to rid themselves of the Israeli presence with Russia as their protector.

The prophecies in Ezekiel 38 and 39 indicate that God will put a hook in the jaw of Russia and bring her down against the land of Israel in the latter years.

The hook could very well be the defense pacts and economic agreements that Russia has established with Syria, Iran and other Islamic nations. In the battle described in Ezekiel, Russia will be the leader of a regional coalition against Israel.

Until this battle Russia will continue to be a world military superpower

The United States had been dismantling its nuclear capability as if Russia were no longer a world threat but Russia's nuclear submarine and missile capability has been modernized and is quite capable of destroying the United States or any adversary. Scripture says that this army from the north will be splendidly attired. This could mean that they will be equipped with every conceivable weapon. Russia still has a large population of educated scientists that could develop formidable military weapons very quickly if that becomes their paramount concern and national focus.

Some think the United States and Russia are no longer a threat to each other, yet Russia almost always takes a position that is contrary to the national security interests of the United States.

Russia exports nuclear technology and advanced weapons of war that they know will be used against the United States, Israel, and the West.

Russia has a world agenda that willfully arms Islamic fascism and rogue dictators to carry out warfare against the West. The major world powers enabling Islamic fascism and other nations confessing hatred toward the United States are Russia and China. Although Russia and Western leaders announced the end of the cold war after the fall of the Soviet Union the recent actions and rhetoric of Russia indicate that the cold war continues.

Signs of the time

Russia is following in the footsteps of Germany before the second World War. National pride and the memory of the empire they once had is now compelling them to rebuild a strong military under an authoritative leader. Putin stepped aside as President for a few years and took the number two position but at the next election he will almost certainly become president of Russia until the time of the Ezekiel war. Putin is gaining more power all the time and he has specifically stated that his primary goal is to bring Russia to world superpower status again.

If we assume that it will take Russia about 10 to 15 years to accomplish the reestablishment of a first class military, it probably is no coincidence that the same amount of time is needed for the Arab/Islamic block to become a real nuclear military threat to Israel.

They will indeed join forces in this battle when Russia invades Israel as Ezekiel prophesied over twenty-five hundred years ago. All indications are that the battle against Israel that is described in Ezekiel 38 and 39, and the supernatural defeat of these forces by God will take place in this generation.

For the latest scholarly research on the prophecy in Ezekiel 39 and 39 read the following free ebook.

The Prophecy That Is Shaping History.org

New Research on Ezekiel's Vision of the End, by Jon Mark Ruthven, PhD (a free 9mb PDF ebook can be downloaded. (The book can also be ordered from Amazon).

JaneBond007

Yeah, it's craziness. When Angela Merkel tells the world she thinks he's lost it, hmmm. Oh well. I thought about this thing yesterday and just concluded that there are evil ones plotting to ruin this whole world but, well, what can we do about it? Just keep on living. But they surely are trying to bring some type of world system.

JaneBond007

Shimmie

You see how Putin's backing down after the stocks plummeted and the ruble lost 10%. Haha. That ole sly thing! Heard somebody anti-Obama on the radio today talking about the U.S. looks weak. Um, who on earth wants to challenge Russia when all Putin has to do is call N. Korea and China on his red line? I don't care who hates Obama, but people need to use common sense. SMH. Meanwhile, Netanyahu is changing is undies hourly pending developing events. Yerushalayim wins another game!!! Yayyyyyy!!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie

You see how Putin's backing down after the stocks plummeted and the ruble lost 10%. Haha. That ole sly thing! Heard somebody anti-Obama on the radio today talking about the U.S. looks weak. Um, who on earth wants to challenge Russia when all Putin has to do is call N. Korea and China on his red line? I don't care who hates Obama, but people need to use common sense. SMH. Meanwhile, Netanyahu is changing is undies hourly pending developing events. Yerushalayim wins another game!!! Yayyyyyy!!!!

Jane, Putin was so adamant prior to that. I believe that the prayers of the saints all over this world helped, but God did His work on this man's plan to attack. There are prayer circles all over the world for this.

I'm still praying :pray: :yep:

Your comment on Netanyahu's undies change.. Girl you are a riot :lol: (compliment). :yep:

But that is a lot of tress for someone to be under, he needs the peace of God, for God always wins. Amen.