S-Curl Texturizer Products...

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Has anyone used the S-Curl spray and gel that comes in the gray package with the blue writing? How does it compare to the plain "No-Drip" spray and the clear gel in the tube? The only diffrence on the ingredient list seems to be artificial coloring. I want to try them but at $4 each, the containers are kind of small...

G

Sassy, is the girl in your picture you???

(Not that this has anything to do with the subject)

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I wish! That's a little girl that was in the book "Kids Talk Hair" by Pamela Ferrell. She is such a little doll!

Look how long it is when she stretches it out-- I'm green with envy!

marabou1

Hi Sassygirl:

Actually, I think there is one more other ingredient in there, but I can' remember what it was. I have the spray and the gel and I love them.

However, because everyone here has been raving about the one in the white bottle with blue writing, I went in bought that spray. This might be my imagination, but it seems like the one above works better on my hair. My hair seemed more moisturized before when I was using it. Maybe it depends on hair texture. I don't know, but I do like it better.

Another product I used to use last year when I didn't know anything about the benefits of S-curl, was the moisturizing spray from Right-on. It's in white bottle with pink writing. It also has glycerin in it. I may give it a try again one day to see if it's just the same as s-curl.

but thanks to Adrienne!!!!! She is the one who introduced all of us to the s-curl miracle! LOL!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
but thanks to Adrienne!!!!! She is the one who introduced all of us to the s-curl miracle! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know!

@ Adrienne:

I read the raves, but I was like, "S-Curl activator? No way!" I tried some more "modern" curl moisturizers before I broke down and tried the S-Curl. Now I've got my whole family using it. One of my cousins has to buy her two daughters their own bottles because they fight over it.

I'm going to have to try the one in the gray bottle now. Thanks!

Crystal

I used the one in the jar this morning along with the spray in the white and blue bottle. I'd say the spray is more of a moisturizer and the stuff in the jar is a gel. My hair is about 4 inches natural, 4 inches relaxed and when I put my hair in bun I squirt the spray all over and then put the gel in to pull it back into a ponytail.

the Gel waves my natual hair up like something else. It looks like an ocean it gets so wavy. I love that look, I'm a 4A.

But basically I'd say the difference is the Spray is for moisturizing and the gel is to get waves.

Faith

The spray is the one I use. I really like it...how well it moisturizes and the smell. I wouldn't be trying the blue and white one..if it ain't broke...

adrienne0914

LOL! yall are too funny! i wish i could take credit for this, but i really think it was devjam way back at BHSGO. i'm not sure if it was S-Curl, but she did recommend the activator.

i've never used either of the ones pictured, sassygirl, but if they work better for you, go for it!! i'm actually using World of Curls almost exclusively now. like crystal, i get the ocean of waves from the gel. i also love that look!

G

Hi SassyGirl

I finally bought these products a couple of days ago and I have nothing but raves for them! Adrienne even though you may have gotten this info at another hairboard, I'm a member of this one I wanna just say thanks for giving your review about this product. Girl I could
you because these products work like a charm on my hair!

BTW, SassyGirl I was wondering about the little girl in your signature. She is such a doll baby! And her mother is doing an excellent with her hair

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I bought them both yesterday. I went to a different store (looking for a drawstring bonnet!) and they had a "buy one get one free" deal. Buy the spray for $3.39 and get the gel for free.

I used them for the first time this morning. They work just like my blue and white S-curl/ORS gel mixture but these seem to be more moisturizing and I don't have to use as much. The gel is a tad sticky, but I rinse every day or two so I don't worry about that anymore...