Sabino and Chi Silk

MarcustheWu

Ok, when I bought the Chi Silk Infusion, which should arrive at the end of this month :grin:, I had only heard of people using it for shine and softness. I did not realize that it could be used as a heat protectant; however, I really like SBM and want to keep using it. I do not want to mess with a good thing when it comes to heat protectant. :) So, I am curious.
Does anyone use these two things together?
Do they work well together?
Do you think that it would be too much for flatironing?
I asked this in the SBM forum, but I wanted some unbiased opinions.

Solitude

Both have cones, so your hair might get a little weighed down from product. I only use CSI, so I can't really help. Is your hair natural? What's your hair type?

Bumping for ya! I know someone has/uses both....

Amerie123

I don't know exactly how they would work together since I've never done it, however, if you feel strongly about both products, then maybe you can just alternate the two.

SUPER SWEET

I used the Sally version of Silk Infusion and the Sabino, it made my hair heavy. But I am heavy handed.

MarcustheWu

Both have cones, so your hair might get a little weighed down from product. I only use CSI, so I can't really help. Is your hair natural? What's your hair type?

Bumping for ya! I know someone has/uses both....

Yes, I am natural. Most of my curls are corkscrews the size of a pencils. I think that is 3c.
Thanks guys!

kjeneen

Sabino is thick enough as it is, but I like the protection it gives. I have tried them together only because I like the shine and light-weight of the CSI used during blow-drying/flatironing, but have followed up with a little Sabino just as an added precaution throughout the week or vice versa. HTH

mscocoface

I used both during my WWF battle with my hair when I tried to flat iron it. Because of my thickness and length I used both and I also know my hair has a propensity to pitch a fit when a lot of heat is used.

For me it was great but I only had my hair down for about 7 hours for an event I was going to. The rest of the next I think 2 weeks I had it pinned up. I liked it even though I still had shrinkage because I did not use a lot of heat. But I was happy with those results. I am not sure if it was too heavy because I have bulky hair anyway even with a good flatironing.

I think though that most people would use them both sparingly or at least not in a heavy handed manner if you want to get the swang and flow factor.

Chameleonchick

It should be okay. I use a little bit of Silk Infusion before Blowdrying and a little bit of Sabino before Flat ironing.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I honestly don't think the CSI is a heat protectant :perplexed... it's more of a shine/glosser if anything... the SMB I have not purchased yet, but it's for retaining the "straightness" of the hair during humid situations (I'm assuming). they're both two different products, so i would assume you aren't being counterproductive/over-using if you used both...

MarcustheWu

Sweet, thanks guys. It is good to know that some of you have used both, and it was ok. I will experiment with mixing some and experiment with using one for blow drying and one for flat ironing and see what works best. I cannot wait for good straight hair weather.:grin:

Mandy4610

I have both and I have used them separately and together. They were fine either way. I did not see a reason for using both though.

I am not sure which one of them is more of a heat protectant...I am leaning toward SMB, but I have to research. If SMB heat protects also then I will get rid of CSI, I don't see a need for both.

AnotherLevel

FYI: I just discovered that Sabino Moisture Block has the same two ingredients as KeraCare Silken Seal (just in the reverse order)... and no other ingredients. If any of you are intersted in the Sabino but happen to have the KeraCare, you may want to try it first. They are both pretty pricey, but the KeraCare is much easier to access and doesn't require a shipping charge... or the wait! In addition, the KeraCare lasts FOREVER! One bottle lasts me a year... easy. You only need a dime sized amount.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
This is how I use both.

I use a dime size of Sabino while airdrying, then I blowdry. I use a little chi before flatironing.

If I only airdry then blowdry, I mix the two together. Always leaves my hair silky straight and light. I don't use alot at all.