sabino moisture block issues

BeautifulRoots

Ok this question is mainly for the natural hair ladies that use sabino moisture block. I was wondering how much sabino do you use in your hair? Some say "a little goes a long way..." but for some reason, a little isn't doing much for me. :ohwell: I try not to use a lot of the product, but for some reason, it hasn't been working like it used to. I purchased it a year ago and the first time I used it, it worked very well...now its almost as if im not using any at all, because my hair STILL frizzes in humid conditions after applying sabino. So I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with sabino lately, or if im just not using enough. I usually go for a nickel sized amount for each section of hair...I only put it on before I blow dry, then I flat iron.

Nya33

When i used it i tried a small amount and checked to see how my hair responded then i increased the amount used and my hair was ok in terms of reversion.

I only used Sabino 3 times so i'm not sure what would happen over long term use. Try increasing the amount.

Dove56

Sabino is just okay to me now. I really love ORS Olive Oil Serum, it's the bomb!

BeautifulRoots

hmm so i guess im not the only one...I remember it working so well when I first got it last year...but now, not so much...I guess I will just use a little more...I wonder if they changed the proportions in it or something...

Soliel185

Have you changed your heat settings or the moisturizer/conditioner you use underneath the Sabino?

Remember - a lot of moisturizing conditioners/products contain humectants and I found that using a humectant under the Sabino kind of neutralized the effects. I ended up slightly poofy. Now I avoid vegetable glycerine and any thing else like it if I'm planning to straighten. HTH

BeautifulRoots

Have you changed your heat settings or the moisturizer/conditioner you use underneath the Sabino?

Remember - a lot of moisturizing conditioners/products contain humectants and I found that using a humectant under the Sabino kind of neutralized the effects. I ended up slightly poofy. Now I avoid vegetable glycerine and any thing else like it if I'm planning to straighten. HTH

Oaaahhh thats a good point. I usually use a small amount of shea butter under the sabino...but I dont think its a humectant...maybe I will try it without the shea next time, just the sabino...hmm...

la flaca

I am not natural but I bought my second bottle and it doesn't feel or do the same. I'm almost sure the changed something in the formula.

LoveLiLi

OP, I'm not sure how you're using Sabino, but I have to use it exactly as he describes in his video to get the best results. That means using some while my hair is still damp and then applying more right before flat ironing.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

say it ain't sooooooo... i was going to purchase this within the next few weeks while it was 50% off.... i'll wait for some more ladies to chime in...

BeautifulRoots

OP, I'm not sure how you're using Sabino, but I have to use it exactly as he describes in his video to get the best results. That means using some while my hair is still damp and then applying more right before flat ironing.
Hmm...I usually dont use any after the flat iron...I will try that too...thanks! **goes off to watch video again**

Aspire

say it ain't sooooooo... i was going to purchase this within the next few weeks while it was 50% off.... i'll wait for some more ladies to chime in...

:spinning::spinning: Where? Where? This is on my wish list for July. I hear it is excellent for fine hair. If it is 50% off somewhere, please share. :prettyplease:

SUPER SWEET

:sad:I feel like it makes my hair stiff now. Maybe it's the leave-ins I put in before the Sabino. The owners said I should not use anything but the Sabino to flatiron. Also, if I sweat at all I do get a lil frizz and a slight tangle. Maybe the product has changed formulas.

Soliel185

Is there an ingredient label on any of the ones that aren't "acting right"? I still have my first bottle. so I don't know if there's been any change to the ingredients.

naturalmanenyc

I used sabino for the last 4 days but my natural hair reverted. It did not fully revert but it was definitely not straight. I used sabino on damp hair to blend my straight half wig (flat ironed my hair). Although it worked for a few hours it did not last all day. I was in a super humid climate (like a steam room I guess) and it did not hold up for me. I had 2 bottles and do still have a 100% full second bottle.

I plan to try it on curly hair to see what results I get now that my BKT is wearing off.

BeautifulRoots

Is there an ingredient label on any of the ones that aren't "acting right"? I still have my first bottle. so I don't know if there's been any change to the ingredients.

on my bottle, it just says dimethicone and cyclomethicone...I think that was the original two ingredients...

loveable37

I used it a couple of times it suspose to lock the MOisture in ya hair but my hair feels greasy or heavy .

SOMETIMES i apply a small amount whiles it still wet,
then i blowdry my hair wow it takes a long time to get dry it does locks the Moisture yes my hair stay straighten during a wrap nightly .

nikki2229

The first few times I used it, I loved it.
Now, I find when I use it, my hair is weighed down, heavy and stiff.
I don't think much has changed in how I use it but I have tried to use more or less and no matter what my hair puffs even from getting in the shower.

OP, I am not natural (100%) but I am 7 months into my transition.

LuyshuZ

I may be using too much:look:, but it always works for me. I like applying all over then I apply to each section while flat ironing. It's usually a little too flat at first, but I always wrap my hair b4 wearing it anywhere. Wrapping always fixes all my flat iron issues :yep:.

stormy07

could it be possible that the ladies that it doesn't work as well anymore and your hair feels heavy now...is this from build up maybe? Ok it's supposed to hold in moisture and keep out moisture, maybe when you shampoo or cowash it's not getting the old smb out and it's just continuely building up and so it takes more and more to really work?

Dak

Yesterday after I washed & conditioned my hair I divided my hair into two sections, applied about a quarters worth to each section, then blew it dry. Then I divided it into 4 sections and used a little less than a quarter on each section.

Too much MB looks like my hair is oily, but always by the next day it's just fine. MB is all I used.

Sorry for the big size, this is how it turned out yesterday:

BeautifulRoots

could it be possible that the ladies that it doesn't work as well anymore and your hair feels heavy now...is this from build up maybe? Ok it's supposed to hold in moisture and keep out moisture, maybe when you shampoo or cowash it's not getting the old smb out and it's just continuely building up and so it takes more and more to really work?

Hmm...maybe thats it...I do cowashes often so I know my hair has a lot of moisture to it...so maybe its the moisture coming from cowashing that cancels out the result...maybe your supposed to clarify before using it or something...Now that you posted this, I remember the first time I used it, I did clarify...good thought...

Muse

I am not natural but I bought my second bottle and it doesn't feel or do the same. I'm almost sure the changed something in the formula.

When I first bought a bottle a year ago it had a thinner consistency (much easier to spread evenly) than the new bottles. It's definitely a thicker formula and I don't like it as much as the old formula. I don't believe ingredients changed just how much of each silicon is used.

Yes this could be very true for some. There was an older thread around here where a lady had a heck of a time getting the Sabino off of her hair strands. I think she said that even after she washed with poo her stylist looked at her strands under a microscope-thingy and saw the strands were coated still. I always clarify now after using Sabino. I don't think I'd trust a regular poo to completely remove it all either.