Sabino Moisture Block - it worked for me!!

Morenita

Yes, you can use it for rollersetting too. I love this stuff sooooooooo much. It took a few tries before I got the hang of it...ok ok 1/2 the bottle:lol:

:lol: I just used it for the 2nd time yesterday. I used a lot more than I used the first time and it worked flawlessly. It looks like I had a fresh relaxer :look:

Muse

Muse - thanks so much for that review. Welcome. I love the SMB, I use it exclusively. I rarely flat iron, and have incorporated it into to my airdry regimen, and my hair is very happy. It is exactly like Victor says my hair stays moisturized for days.
Yup cones can work for you if you know how to use them. I just love this stuff it is a lifesaver, it makes detangling MUCH easier and I don't have dry hair days anymore. You will save so much money not having to put a ton of moisturizers on your hair daily.

~*Tigget*~

I ordered mine day before Thanksgiving, received it on Saturday. I tested it on my kids hair, as they have more to play w/ than I do... :lachen: BUT I loved how it made their hair look and feel. So beautiful. I will try it again on our next wash day and see how it goes.

gymfreak336

3rd email:

Oh my gosh Victor! I tried your suggestions this time and I am floored by the results.

I washed my hair with Matrix Sleek Look shampoo(I am having a hard time finding Aquage) and I used the Sleek Look conditioner and rinsed. I them towel dried and applied moisture block. I was a bit nervous about not using a leave in conditioner before combing my hair out but I must say this was the easiest detangling session I've ever experienced. I had the least amount of hair in the comb since I can remember. For the first time in a long time I wasn't afraid to comb my hair!

I air dried and applied a little more Moisture Block and continued to flat iron. I am transitioning to natural so I have several inches of virgin hair with relaxed ends. After flat ironing with MB it looks like I have a fresh relaxer. I thought I was happy with MB before I followed your directions to a T but now...! When I first started using MB I was so convinced that my hair needed all of these added moisturizers so I would literally put in 2-3 different products and then MB on top of that. I was frying my hair. Last week I flat ironed with an organic conditioner, raw shea butter, and John Freida serum. My hair felt great but as I looked closer I noticed more split ends and in some parts my hair strands exploded right in the middle of the shaft! I cooked my hair with the shea butter and the oils from the conditioner.

I also notice that when I use any other heat protectant besides MB and I turn my flat irom up all the way my hair gets so hot that I burn my hands if I touch it right after ironing that section. Not so with MB this is how I know my hair is protected. I think most people will have failed results with your product because they did not (like me) follow the directions. We are convinced that we need more when this product proves that less is WAY more. I am so happy that I can wear my hair straight and grow it long without worrying about breakage or heat damage. I am even happier that I can clean out my closet of all the useless and damaging hair products. I have wanted a simple hair regime for the longest time and now I have it. I will save so much money!

One more question for you, the matrix shampoo has dimethicone as the 3rd ingredient and I wondering should I use a shampoo with silicones? I thought the purpose of the shampoo was to strip the silicone away so your hair can be remoisturized by the water and the conditioner and MB will seal it again. How can a shampoo like that effectively cleanse the hair and seal with a silicone at the same time?

Thanks!

Victor's Reply:

I am sooo happy that it works for you.

The silicones in shampoos do not adhere. They are used to soften the affects of the cleansing not for depositing. MB comes out with even the gentles shampoo. When you lightly rinse the conditioner, you are allowing MB to lock it in for a better “feel good” longer.

This is what I have been saying. Silicone is not cement. I think people think it is superglue. You don't need industrial strength products to remove it.

luckiestdestiny

3rd email:

Oh my gosh Victor! I tried your suggestions this time and I am floored by the results.

I washed my hair with Matrix Sleek Look shampoo(I am having a hard time finding Aquage) and I used the Sleek Look conditioner and rinsed. I them towel dried and applied moisture block. I was a bit nervous about not using a leave in conditioner before combing my hair out but I must say this was the easiest detangling session I've ever experienced. I had the least amount of hair in the comb since I can remember. For the first time in a long time I wasn't afraid to comb my hair!

I air dried and applied a little more Moisture Block and continued to flat iron. I am transitioning to natural so I have several inches of virgin hair with relaxed ends. After flat ironing with MB it looks like I have a fresh relaxer. I thought I was happy with MB before I followed your directions to a T but now...! When I first started using MB I was so convinced that my hair needed all of these added moisturizers so I would literally put in 2-3 different products and then MB on top of that. I was frying my hair. Last week I flat ironed with an organic conditioner, raw shea butter, and John Freida serum. My hair felt great but as I looked closer I noticed more split ends and in some parts my hair strands exploded right in the middle of the shaft! I cooked my hair with the shea butter and the oils from the conditioner.

I also notice that when I use any other heat protectant besides MB and I turn my flat irom up all the way my hair gets so hot that I burn my hands if I touch it right after ironing that section. Not so with MB this is how I know my hair is protected. I think most people will have failed results with your product because they did not (like me) follow the directions. We are convinced that we need more when this product proves that less is WAY more. I am so happy that I can wear my hair straight and grow it long without worrying about breakage or heat damage. I am even happier that I can clean out my closet of all the useless and damaging hair products. I have wanted a simple hair regime for the longest time and now I have it. I will save so much money!

One more question for you, the matrix shampoo has dimethicone as the 3rd ingredient and I wondering should I use a shampoo with silicones? I thought the purpose of the shampoo was to strip the silicone away so your hair can be remoisturized by the water and the conditioner and MB will seal it again. How can a shampoo like that effectively cleanse the hair and seal with a silicone at the same time?

Thanks!

Victor's Reply:

I am sooo happy that it works for you.

The silicones in shampoos do not adhere. They are used to soften the affects of the cleansing not for depositing. MB comes out with even the gentles shampoo. When you lightly rinse the conditioner, you are allowing MB to lock it in for a better “feel good” longer.

This is what I have been saying. Silicone is not cement. I think people think it is superglue. You don't need industrial strength products to remove it.
That's true. Any shampoo I've used gets it out even my original cream of naturen(green/white...I stocked up on it when they changed formulas:yep:)

Faith

It's good to know I don't need a clarifying shampoo to get MB out. Thanks for the info.

On another note, I used it on my roots, quite a bit of it and my roots still reverted 2 days later...hmm.

luckiestdestiny

It's good to know I don't need a clarifying shampoo to get MB out. Thanks for the info.

On another note, I used it on my roots, quite a bit of it and my roots still reverted 2 days later...hmm.

It takes practice. I press it with my thumb and finger to the root, and then brush (denman) through for even distribution. You could even use a fine comb (of course after you've already detangled!). That way you can make sure that it doesn't revert.

Faith

I worked it into my hair really well and then I combed and the roots did revert on me...not sure why. I'll try it again and this time blowdry my roots and see if that helps.

sheba1

So how do you ladies apply SMB? Do you put it on section by section as you straighten? Or do you do it like some of the vids on youtube? I was watching one and thinking, "Now how in the world is that dime size gonna cover all that hair?" :drunk: By the end, what sized coin (coins?) would you say you've used?

BeautifulRoots

has anyone else tried using just sabino (no leave ins) after washing with good results? I think im going to take the plunge and try it tonight. Wish me luck! :look:

MarcustheWu

I have. In the past I would just leave a little conditioner on my hair, and then I would appy the product. It was the most moisturized my hair had ever been while flat ironing.

pmichael52172

Like HISdaughter and I were discussing.... does anyone get dry-looking dull-looking hair days later? I use it correctly and get good results and shine the same day and maybe the day after.

However, the curse of it is you can't add any moisture on top because it is a moisture blocker. I think the cones just start dulling my hair. It starts looking dry even though it's not really dry. It loses its sleekness.

I plan to only use SMB on days before special occasions where I must look perfectly polished in public.

cmoniquew

I used it years ago and I liked it. I don’t know if I would use it with my my RevAir, but I also prefer to use the no heat setting.

yamilee21

Bump....Does anyone still use this product?
I haven’t straightened since the pandemic started, but I usually straighten a few times a year. I have been using Sabino Moisture Block whenever I straighten for I think 11 or 12 years now; it is a simple, excellent product that does exactly what it’s name describes.