Sabino Moisture Block Users Help!

QueenT

I'm transitioning. I just ordered a bottle of Sabino Moisture Block. I need to know what products I should use with Sabino. After washing and deep conditioning, what moisturizer and sealer should I use? Will Sabino take the place of the moisturizer and sealer? Those of you who have had success with this product please help!

allure27

I use Sabino MB and I really like the product, however depending on how much you use (especially when flat ironing with it) it may take more than one wash to fully revert. It’s important to deep condition and leave a little conditioner on your hair before applying MB. I also use a little Lets Jam smoothing balm on my ends sparingly. MB did not moisturize my hair but it locked in what was there due to the water from towel drying and the conditioners. Here is the process that works for me:

1) Rinse hair with ACV and water
2)Wash hair with Burt's Bee shampoo diluted with water
3)Towel dry damp hair, apply conditioner mixture and let sit for about 30-45 min and wash out 95%. Conditioner Mix consists of (Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner, honey, baking soda, olive oil, coconut oil, and cheap conditioner)
4) Rinse hair and apply leave in conditioner. So far I've been using Giovanni's leave in or Nexxus Humectress Moisturizing Conditioner.
5) Apply Sabino MB as recommended by the instructions and blow dry hair adding the Jam balm to ends.
6) Flat iron hair with my 1'' Ion Brand Conditioning Ionic-Ceramic Digital Styling Iron from Sally's.

Hope this helps you out a little. My hair type is about 4A and 4B texture. I don't have pictures up from using MB, but I will post to my profile next time I flat iron. Good luck!

FindingMe

Hey, lady. I only use Sabino when i am wearing my hair straight. I am transitioning, as well- 7 months post.

I've had great success with Sabino.

Currently, I wash and condition. Then I apply about a quarter- half dollar sized amount of my conditioner (real conditioner, not leave-in) to hair all over. I try to use one that doesn't have cones and a lot of good natural ingredients, since the SMB is all cones. I like: http://www.curlmart.com/store/product.php?productid=373&cat=45&page=2 Blended Beauty
and
http://www.curlmart.com/store/product.php?productid=39&cat=45&bestseller Elucence

Once I put that all through, I then apply about a dime size total (NO MORE) amt if SMB all over my whole head, esp roots and ends.

That's it. I then rollerset, twisting sections into bantu knots that I'm not working with to keep them wet. I may have to spray some water on the last section depending on how fast I go, but that's it.

Then I take rollers out and flat iron the roots and my hair is bouncy and swinging and moisturized for about a week until I wash again. I can't go for more than a week, bc i started working out and my roots get thick. I get a little reversion, but usually when I pin curl at night, some it smooths out until I work out again.

Again, my style usually lasts for about a week when I rollerset. I don't have to add any products to my hair during the week with the SMB.

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

i rinse and then use giovanni direct (diluted, or it makes my hair crunchy) if i am going to rollerset. in the past i have also used the HE LTR leave-in, or just regular ol' VO5. not a lot though - i have it diluted in a spray bottle.

luckiestdestiny

I wash (with creme of nature original shampoo as I still have some in the green white bottle) and condition, dc (aubrey or shescentit, and then I add coconut oil to it and sit under the dryer) , then I leave in real conditioner. Mine is from Shescentit it's the avocado conditioner. Then I also spray some lacio lacio that's diluted for extra moisture (occasionally if my hair is really dry like in winter, I'll add a tiny dime size amount of amla and olive creme from biologics. I emailed him and he said it was okay to use), then I seal with Sabino Moisture Block. Make sure to apply concentrating on roots and ends, then brush through or comb through (I use a denman). when hair is dry (I sit under a hooded dryer), I then apply more, concentrating on roots and ends and then brush through. I then take a tiny bit more right before I flat iron on my roots, smooth through and then flat iron. My hair has lasted for a week (and once when I was too sick to wash two weeks) before I had to wash it out. It stayed moisturized the whole time. I agree that it does not add moisture, it just locks in the moisture you already have.

Muse

Hey, lady. I only use Sabino when i am wearing my hair straight. I am transitioning, as well- 7 months post.

I've had great success with Sabino.

Currently, I wash and condition. Then I apply about a quarter- half dollar sized amount of my conditioner (real conditioner, not leave-in) to hair all over. I try to use one that doesn't have cones and a lot of good natural ingredients, since the SMB is all cones. I like: http://www.curlmart.com/store/product.php?productid=373&cat=45&page=2 Blended Beauty
and
http://www.curlmart.com/store/product.php?productid=39&cat=45&bestseller Elucence

Once I put that all through, I then apply about a dime size total (NO MORE) amt if SMB all over my whole head, esp roots and ends.

That's it. I then rollerset, twisting sections into bantu knots that I'm not working with to keep them wet. I may have to spray some water on the last section depending on how fast I go, but that's it.

Then I take rollers out and flat iron the roots and my hair is bouncy and swinging and moisturized for about a week until I wash again. I can't go for more than a week, bc i started working out and my roots get thick. I get a little reversion, but usually when I pin curl at night, some it smooths out until I work out again.

Again, my style usually lasts for about a week when I rollerset. I don't have to add any products to my hair during the week with the SMB.

This is exactly what I do too. Shampoo, condition(leaving a little in) then seal with MB. My hair has never been more moisturized! For some reason my scalp isn't as dry either anymore despite the fact that I use NO other products besides the three mentioned above. But I do use Matrix Sleek Look poo and cond. and some reviewers said it contributed to oily roots/scalp but with 4b hair I will take all the oil I can get:grin: