Salerm Product Review !!!!!!

Tracy

KAddy said:
YES! I am excited about this. Thanks for letting me know Tracy.

Have you used it before? For how long? The directions say 3 mins, so I want to know if I can leave it on longer with heat?

Thanks again.

Your welcome. I have used it.

Heat works really well with all Wheat Germ products - brand aside. I usually leave it on at least 10 minutes with heat - sometimes longer. You can't overdo it with this one. It's all moisture and oil. ;)

KAddy

Tracy said:
Your welcome. I have used it.

Heat works really well with all Wheat Germ products - brand aside. I usually leave it on at least 10 minutes with heat - sometimes longer. You can't overdo it with this one. It's all moisture and oil. ;)

Tracy.

Lindy

Tracy said:
I My products should arrive today. ;) I ordered the Lissage (Smoothing) Leave In and the Ceramidas (Ceramide) Leave In....so I'll be SURE to post a review just as SOON as I use 'em. ;)

Cool!! :cool: I'm looking forward to your reviews!! :) I can't wait to try my Tropical Milk Protein!! (I'm hoping it arrives at my house today or tomorrow!! :grin: )

moneychaser

Oh HELLs YESssssS... Salerm Wheat Germ mask is unlike any other conditioner I have EVER used. And believe me I have tried plenty :lol: Just ask the ladies that attended the last D.C. meeting :lol: I have tried all the imitation conditioners posted, nope, no comparison. they are good tho.
I swear the results are unbelivable. Its almost like I have a whole new head of silky hair after using it. That is the only conditioner I use when I wear my hair down.
It is the ULTIMATE moisturizing conditioner :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
So much so, I read people complain about it being too moisturizing, but it is just what my permanently colored hair needs :cool:

Last edited:

Britt

Tracy said:
Naaahhhh - it's not REALLY the same. That will still be good MsK, but Tropical is the Dominican Queen Helene...it's the cheapest and least "intensive" of the DOm. conditioner brands. It's poular because it IS a good product and it does the job, AND they have a lotta flavors. :) But Salerm really is one of a kind... ;)

Hummm, this makes me think.
My hair loves Nacidit Olive Oil w/a teaspoon of EVOO and I bought Tropical Avocado and I didn't feel any real moisture at all. I was thinking of adding EVOO to it to make it a little more moisturizing. Would u add anything to the Wheat Germ Mask to make it more moisturizing? Have u ever tried Alter Ego garlic treatment? U know thats popular as hell in the Dom. salons up here, every chick in the salon has a jar in her hand, lol.

MonaLisa

Dana03 said:
Oh HELLs YESssssS... Salerm Wheat Germ mask is unlike any other conditioner I have EVER used. And believe me I have tried plenty :lol: Just ask the ladies that attended the last D.C. meeting :lol: I have tried all the imitation conditioners posted, nope, no comparison. they are good tho.
I swear the results are unbelivable. Its almost like I have a whole new head of silky hair after using it. That is the only conditioner I use when I wear my hair down.
So much so, I read people complain about it being too moisturizing, but it is just what my permanently colored hair needs :cool:

I used to like you Dana, Denali...all your names. This was just wrong. Wrong I tell you!

You know u got da bomb diggity hair..and if you say ish like this..one can
be swayed to reduced pockets.:ohwell:

Britt

Dana03 said:

LOL... damn Dana i see its a staple in heavy rotation :lol:.
U know I find that moisturizing conditioners work the best when they are left on my hair for 2 hrs. with my turbie towel wrapped over my plastic cap. Maybe if I use the Salerm this way it would be more moisturizing.

moneychaser

Sorry!!! I know I was wrong :lachen: But I love that stuff, it never fails me :grin:
MonaLisa said:
I used to like you Dana, Denali...all your names. This was just wrong. Wrong I tell you!

You know u got da bomb diggity hair..and if you say ish like this..one can
be swayed to reduced pockets.:ohwell:

missenm

Hey this product sounds really good and my dry hair could really use it. Can anyone in the ATlanta area tell me of any Beauty supply Stores that may carry this product? The address or general location will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LiLi

Britt said:
Hummm, this makes me think.
My hair loves Nacidit Olive Oil w/a teaspoon of EVOO and I bought Tropical Avocado and I didn't feel any real moisture at all. I was thinking of adding EVOO to it to make it a little more moisturizing. Would u add anything to the Wheat Germ Mask to make it more moisturizing? Have u ever tried Alter Ego garlic treatment? U know thats popular as hell in the Dom. salons up here, every chick in the salon has a jar in her hand, lol.

I love Nacidit Olive Oil Rinse as well (if you are talking about the rinse) it really softens my growth nicely. However, the Salerm Wheat Germ Mask is a million times better and you don't need to add anything to it. It's almost been one year since my last relaxer and when I use it and air dry you can barely see the difference between the new growth and the relaxed section. I have been rationing it and, therefore, only use it once every other month. But I quote from sickbay about the wholesale price for this and the Salerm21 and I am going to get a case of each so that I can use it once a week. :) The quote he gave me was:

Salerm 21 $6.00/unit 12 units/box
Salerm Wheat Germ Oil Hair Mask $9.75/unit 12 unit/box

Estimated Ground Freight $10.00

MonaLisa

Dana03 said:
Sorry!!! I know I was wrong :lachen: But I love that stuff, it never fails me :grin:

Gawd help my broke pockets...I'm gonna break down and try this tomorrow for my wash and set...I hate u Dana.

do I need to bother with a leave in after this...or go st8 to rollerset?

honeisos

ms_kenesha said:
Okay, do y'all think I could get the same results from Tropical's Wheat Germ Hair Conditioner? Because their Milk Protein is the BEST! And of course it's easier on the pockets than the Salerm.

Ms K ...

were did you find tropical's ?... I would love to try their version...
thanks ;)

AudraChanell

I tell you I KEEP THIS STUFF!! Nothing is better on my hair than SWG!!! I mix this with Alter Ego Garlic Oil Treatment here and there to help stretch it.

Last edited:

Britt

I just bought Salerm Wheat Germ Mask again today. If my hair doesn't like it for the third time, I will take that as a sign and move on to try Caramelhonee's cheap cholesterol she's alwasy raving about.

MonaLisa

Britt said:
I just bought Salerm Wheat Germ Mask again today. If my hair doesn't like it for the third time, I will take that as a sign and move on to try Caramelhonee's cheap cholesterol she's alwasy raving about.

Oh Snap...a cry of dissension regarding SWGM!!

*Mo decides to be cheap for now...and stick with her NTM mask*

Britt

MonaLisa said:
Oh Snap...a cry of dissension regarding SWGM!!

*Mo decides to be cheap for now...and stick with her NTM mask*

LOL... this is my third try, if my hair doesn't like it, I'll take it as a huge sign. Well, I will use it on Sunday and post my review on this thread.

KAddy

OK I used this tonight and I used heat with it for 25 minutes, then sat around with it on for more time. So I probably had it on for 1 hr. My hair felt very soft and silky when I FINALLY rinsed it out. I like it alot. I am under the dryer now so I don't know how the final outcome is. But so far so good.

AudraChanell

I am air drying a wet wrap now after using SWG. I could not ever imagine going in life without it now. Hence the reason I am expecting an order from Sickbay (2 Salerm Wheat Germ and AE Garlic Tratment). I sure wish I could buy yours for a discounted rate *hint, hint*

Britt said:

Last edited:

Britt

I just rinsed it out my hair. I kept it on for 2 hrs. with a towel wrapped around my head. This time around yielded better results than the last. My hair feels moisturized and soft for sure, I think it could be a little better with detangling, my only gripe :(. I think it worked for me this time around b/c i left it on for a long time.
Audra have u ever tried Nacidit Olive Oil conditioner ? Its pretty damn good, especially with a teaspoon of EVOO ;). That is a moisturizing treat. How do u like the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment? I swear that is a **huge** hit up here. Even when I went to buy the wheat germ mask, there was only 1 jar of the Alter Ego left.

AudraChanell

SWG is better than AE Garlic ... I use garlic to stretch SWG (just my HO). I have found nothing like it and wish I could find something that compares because it kind of expensive. No I havent tried the conditioner but I have tried the rinse. BTW, I got my refills of both today ...

Britt said:
I just rinsed it out my hair. I kept it on for 2 hrs. with a towel wrapped around my head. This time around yielded better results than the last. My hair feels moisturized and soft for sure, I think it could be a little better with detangling, my only gripe :(. I think it worked for me this time around b/c i left it on for a long time.
Audra have u ever tried Nacidit Olive Oil conditioner ? Its pretty damn good, especially with a teaspoon of EVOO ;). That is a moisturizing treat. How do u like the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment? I swear that is a **huge** hit up here. Even when I went to buy the wheat germ mask, there was only 1 jar of the Alter Ego left.

tryn2growmyhair

senimoni said:
Has anyone ever tried WG Oil?
I use WG oil that I have bought from the health food store. It's the stinky kind that needs to be shaken and refrigerated. It's aight. I use so many things that I cant say if this has helped my hair or not but it experes 9/2005 and I am determined not to waste it, so I might use it consistently for prepoos and see what happens.