Sally's Salon Care.....I got 2 GALLONS..Help!

ItsyBitsy

Has anyone ever heard of or used the Salon Care Wild Cherry Shampoo & Conditioner from Sally's?
My SO's stepmother gave me a GALLON of both :perplexed She said " I heard how much you like hair "stuff" so I got this for you. This should last you awhile" :look: This proves SO has been running his mouth telling folks about my hair obession :wallbash: I'ma kill him!!!

This is the link: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1205/120366

She did leave the receipt just incase I want to exchange it for one of the other scents. They have Honey Almond & Apples Pear too :lick:. I can always take it back & get more Fermodyl :look:

When I worked there part time, I never saw anybody besides white people buy this stuff. I never even looked at the ingredients to see if it was any good. Try it and it you don't like it, take it back and get your Fermodyl :grin:

Has anyone ever heard of or used the Salon Care Wild Cherry Shampoo & Conditioner from Sally's?
My SO's stepmother gave me a GALLON of both :perplexed She said " I heard how much you like hair "stuff" so I got this for you. This should last you awhile" :look: This proves SO has been running his mouth telling folks about my hair obession :wallbash: I'ma kill him!!!

She did leave the receipt just incase I want to exchange it for one of the other scents. They have Honey Almond & Apples Pear too :lick:. I can always take it back & get more Fermodyl :look:

When I was relaxed, I use to go to a salon called Yoles and that's what they used in my hair. I loved the smell and my hair always came out nice and bouncy.

When I was relaxed, I use to go to a salon called Yoles and that's what they used in my hair. I loved the smell and my hair always came out nice and bouncy.

Did the conditioner have slip? Was it moisturizing? I think it's a protein conditioner...not sure though. The smell is really strong but it does smell good. I bet the Honey Almond smells :lick: too. Tomorrow is my regular wash day so im trying to decide if I should give it try :rolleyes:

When I worked there part time, I never saw anybody besides white people buy this stuff. I never even looked at the ingredients to see if it was any good. Try it and it you don't like it, take it back and get your Fermodyl :grin:

Girl, I've been in Sally's 50-11 times & i have never seen this before. On Sally's website Salon Care has a ton of products.

Did the conditioner have slip? Was it moisturizing? I think it's a protein conditioner...not sure though. The smell is really strong but it does smell good. I bet the Honey Almond smells :lick: too. Tomorrow is my regular wash day so im trying to decide if I should give it try :rolleyes:

Yes it had slip and was moisturizing enough. I would use it now if I had some for CW's. I like the smell of cherries, so it was good for me. Try it and if you don't like it, take it back.

Let us know how it went!

hmmm.... I wonder how their conditioner is? 2 Gallons of conditioner might be more like it for c/o washes if the price is right. :) Yes!

hmmm.... I wonder how their conditioner is? 2 Gallons of conditioner might be more like it for c/o washes if the price is right. :) Yes!

The gallon was $8.99
I think im going to keep the conditioner & exchange the poo for more fermodyl. I just ordered a liter of the Elucence MB poo. So im good on poo for a while. I'll be sure to give a review on conditioner. Thanks Ladies!

I use this on occassion. I love the conditioner for co-washes ( i add add aloe vera juice and glycerine), I love the shampoo as well( sometimes add aloe vera juice and glycerine ) to it too. They work great on my natural hair.

Yes, they will run off at the mouth about LHCF and our hair exploits unless we let him know it's not:nono: a topic we wish to share with everyone!!:nono:

I have the Honey Almond....and YES it does smell delish! :lick: Since it's concentrated I usually mix it with other conditioners. :yep:

I say give it a try. You never know, you might have hit the "cheapie conditioner for co-washes jackpot"!! Hope it works for you! And also since it's from Sally's, you can always return it even after it's been opened if you don't like it. :)

It was nice of her to get you something (nicer that she left the receipt)
I hope it turns out to be a happy surprise that works well for your hair!

Last edited:
It was nice of her to get you something (nicer that she left the receipt)
I hope it turns out to be a happy surprise that works well for your hair!

Yes that was very nice of her to try feeding your obsession :grin:. I hope you like it. when i co-wash, I use my cheapies or anything that I don't like first to get the dirt out of my hair then use a good conditioner for the second wash.

You know Sally's has fermodyl 3 packs buy one get one free. That's a $7.99 savings IF you don't like the poo/con your stepmom got you. Just a thought.

Brooklynsouth- I've warned him before about telling my business! I swear men talk (gossip) more than women :rolleyes:

Whimsy & Keen- I really do appreciate her thinking of me. I was at my sons football game yesterday when she called to tell me she left a package on my back porch. When I got home & saw 2 gallon containers :blush:

Lizjoseph- I don't cowash so I'm going to use it as a regular conditioner...maybe a final rinse after my DC

EmJazzy- I'm going to exchange it for the Honey Almond. The cherry smell is tooo sweet & strong. As soon as my dinner is done cooking im on my way to Sally's :grin:

Cococutie- Girl I purchased 6 packs (3 free BOGO)of the fermodyl earlier in the week. I love this stuff :yep:

I am postponing my wash day until Tuesday. It's hot & humid today plus it's going to rain tomorrow so I'm not wasting my time :nono:

I have the honey and almond and love it. I was disappointed with the wild cherry. Cherry bark is supposed to be really conditioning and I have infused the bark into my oils with great success, however, I did not find the SalonCare wild cherry conditioner very conditioning or anything until I started adding my powdered herbs to it to use it up. My powdered herb blend consists of several conditioning, softening and strengthening herbs in powder form, so that is what made the difference. Now, the honey and almond is just wonderful.

Girl, I've been in Sally's 50-11 times & i have never seen this before. On Sally's website Salon Care has a ton of products.

I'm thinking it depends on your demographic area because there are a lot of ethnic products carried in others that aren't carried here.

I have the honey and almond and love it. I was disappointed with the wild cherry. Cherry bark is supposed to be really conditioning and I have infused the bark into my oils with great success, however, I did not find the SalonCare wild cherry conditioner very conditioning or anything until I started adding my powdered herbs to it to use it up. My powdered herb blend consists of several conditioning, softening and strengthening herbs in powder form, so that is what made the difference. Now, the honey and almond is just wonderful.

Thanks ADW. I didn't get a chance to exchange it yet but I'm definetly getting th Honey Almond :grin:

Just seeing this thread. But the natural hair care shop I go to uses this product. Seems to work fine when I get a wash and condition there. I never thought of purchasing it though, I always thought it was some special product they were allowed to buy with cosmetology license. I do know that the owner is picky about her products.

Back