Salon Blues

soslychic

I have reached a dilemma. I recently tried to put in a relaxer myself (well my mom did it) and it turned out TOTALLY underprocessed, but I have an idea of some of the things that I could change this time to make it turn out better. Many have had there hair turn out like this when using motions oil if they have 4b hair. And I needed to smooth it more, but anyway...I don't know whether she should try it again this time using different methods or if I should go to a salon. Every salon experience that I've ever had, I've come out with burns and other things. I want to be able to do it at home, but I can't mess up again. Salons just arn't cutting it these days, but I do need some professional results. What do you think? Should I try it again at home or go to a salon? If you think home is the best method, which relaxer would you suggest. I have 4a/b hair.

Karonica

I recommend going to the salon and having someone that you trust go over the areas. I did the same thing. Used the Motions Oil. Hair came out too underprocessed, and I waited 7 weeks, used another perm and the same thing happened. I had so much new growth in the beginning, which is why I am kicking myself for not just going to the salon. Oh well. But that's just my opinion.

Integrity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Karonica said:
I had so much new growth in the beginning, which is why I am kicking myself for not just going to the salon

[/ QUOTE ]

hi karonica, i dont understand this bit. are you kicking cos you lost the growth or something?

Karonica

No, I had a ton of new growth when I first put the Motions in. I shouldn't have even bothered to relax my hair, because I knew that it was going to be a tough job. So, I did it anyway, and ended up looking like no perm even hit it. And then, I tried it again and ended up nearly the same. That's why I'm kicking myself.