Salon Cecelia update...

jazzyfunknastee

So I got there a little before 1:30. free2bme was right, the place is beautiful. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Plus there's a male stylist named Patrick that does natural cuts. Anyway, Cecelia kept apologizing because something was wrong with the water and the hot water kept cutting off. After offering strawberries and juice /images/graemlins/lick.gif to me (I was never offered anything in a salon before!), her assistant (the tiny light skinned one, free. Didn't catch her name.) based me with some kinda methol, tingling pink stuff. Whatever it is, it's good since I didn't burn until she was ready to wash it off and that was only on my ear. She relaxed with Mizani Super, and did the Moisturfuse. Then Cecelia cut me into a style with my hair wet and then wrapped it. While she was cutting I was so scared that I would end up looking like Moe from The Three Stooges. But it came out wonderful after she bumped it and ladies, I know a good curler when I see one. Unlike in the past, the stylists would hold the iron for fifty million days on the curls but Cecelia didn't even hold it for more than 10 seconds. It was worth the $109. I gave each a $5 tip (hey, I'm broke here loL). I was so happy with my hair I even tipped the other assistant just for washing out the conditioner. I'm going back for a wash and style soon. Thanks free!

azul11

wow i really want to go. i dont want to get my hair cut because i already know of a place to get a trim. i would just like a touchup. please dont tell me it would cost 109 for that? do they roller set or is it just curling irons? i am so confused about what do to with my hair. i want a quality place but i honestly cannot drop a hundred dollars on my hair like that especially when it is more than i pay for braids. sorry for all the questions i just want to find a place where they base you well, use affirm or any other quality lye relaxers, respect you when you say no cut, and do roller sets and are responsibly priced. every place recommended has been so much.

anywho sorry for rambling congrats on your hair success. it is so hard to find a good stylist that actually cares about your hair and you leave feeling and looking good. i wish everyone had the same hair experience. /images/graemlins/smile.gif God bless you all.

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
azul11 said:
wow i really want to go. i dont want to get my hair cut because i already know of a place to get a trim. i would just like a touchup. please dont tell me it would cost 109 for that? do they roller set or is it just curling irons? i am so confused about what do to with my hair. i want a quality place but i honestly cannot drop a hundred dollars on my hair like that especially when it is more than i pay for braids. sorry for all the questions i just want to find a place where they base you well, use affirm or any other quality lye relaxers, respect you when you say no cut, and do roller sets and are responsibly priced. every place recommended has been so much.

anywho sorry for rambling congrats on your hair success. it is so hard to find a good stylist that actually cares about your hair and you leave feeling and looking good. i wish everyone had the same hair experience. /images/graemlins/smile.gif God bles you all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not just go to a Dominican salon for a nice wash and set? They are pretty affordable, imo.

azul11

i am wondering about them seriously though. i went to a dominican salon for my last touchup with motions and they did a good job. its not their fault motions didnt really work well after a while on my hair (learned about this since a lot of ladies here experienced the same thing) my hair was in good condition after i did a trim at another salon so i am like hmmm what should i do. i will have to stop by this week and see if they use affirm. it didnt cost me much either. when i went to my old stylist it was 35 tops. when i went to them it was like 55 or 50 and i had a 5 dollar coupon. so these are the prices i am used to. hearing 100 is like /images/graemlins/shocked.gif i have never paid that amount ever for my hair except when i was getting braids. but i was always wondering if the higher end salons are better. dag sometimes salon reviews are almost like product reviews. make you want to get an appointment just hearing all the good stuff. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif God bless you all.

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
azul11 said:
sometimes salon reviews are almost like product reviews. make you want to get an appointment just hearing all the good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not me. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I've never been one to go from salon to salon. I stick with a stylist until she is no longer available (meaning she's relocated). /images/graemlins/smile.gif As far as prices, since it's no set thing, you can expect to pay different prices at different places.

Jazzy,

Thanks for posting your review of the salon. I'm planning to go there soon for a wash and set since they're not too far to get to and they sound like they are a quality salon.

free2bme

Hey Jazzye
I am so happy that you had such pleasant experience at Salon Cecelia's. Aren't they so professional, friendly, competent...I could go on and on. My search for a salon is finally over. Also since they you had a good experience too, I am assured that their great service isn't a fluke.

Happy Growing /images/graemlins/smile.gif