Salon results at home

AceH

<font color="blue"> Ladies, I'm feeling down &amp; out today. Just need a little sympathy, empathy and advice. Here's the situation: I wear my hair in a bun 99.99999% of the time. Well, I decided I wanted to wear my hair straight today, so last night, I washed, deep conditioned, blow dryed, and flat ironed my hair (with a ceramic iron). My hair turned out like HOT GARBAGE. Seriously. My ends would not curl (trim needed maybe? wrong products, etc.) Anywho, my twin flatironed my hair a few weeks ago following my touch up, and it was bangin'! I'm just a little discouraged and irritated today. I even went to the bathroom shortly after I arrived at work this morn. to put my hair back in the bun. I'm so sick of this bun, but I'm getting results. Thanks for listening. </font>

I'm sorry you didn't get the results you wanted. I think hair is just temperamental. There are times I can do my hair and people will think I went to the salon and then there are times when I do my hair and people probably think Why didn't she go to the salon. I say try it again, but next time roller set your hair and run over it with the flat iron to take out some of the curl.

Don't give up! Maybe like you mentioned you used the wrong products. The steps you took sound right though so all I can think of is maybe the products were to blame.

What did your twin (SweetPea right?) do differently when she did your hair?

<font color="blue"> Thanks ladies. Yeah SweetPea is my twin, and I know she did the flat iron a lot slower than I did. I also think she didn't use as much leave-in conditioner as I did last night...</font>

Yeah, I agree with Kaddy........try a roller set! Then wrap your hair at night to get it straight! I don't know anyone who can do a good blow-dry by themselves. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

<font color="blue"> Thanks ladies /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Practice makes perfect... </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree with Kaddy........try a roller set!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you can't go wrong with a rollerset!! /images/graemlins/up.gif Many times after I've done mine, it comes out so bouncy and light that people think I've been to the salon!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree with Kaddy........try a roller set! Then wrap your hair at night to get it straight! I don't know anyone who can do a good blow-dry by themselves. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be the minority. I can and do a roller-set on my hair most of the time because its healthy. However, my blow-dry and flat iron results at home are about a 9 on a scale to 1 to 10.

Practice does help! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm not that great with flat ironing either. I end up with a "crick" on the ends of my hair. I have to re-run the iron back over the section to take the "crick" out.

crick=bend

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I was transitioning..I could blow dry my hair just as good as in the salon.. but I had a blowdryer just like the ones they had in the salon..and my hair isn't thick.. that might make a difference..

Back