Salt in my leave-in?!?

Neith

I know some of you ladies like to use Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Cholesterol as a leave in.

I feel paranoid leaving it in my hair because it has salt. However, it's way down on the bottom of the list.

I learned from kiya-fizzle that salt on hair can be good if in the right proportions.

However, leaving it in is a different story.

Ingredients:

water(aqua), stearamidopryl dimethylamine, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, shea butter, mango seed butter, cholesterol, soybean oil, safflower oil, wheat germ oil, aloe vera extrect, fragrance, vitamin e, methylparaben, propylparaben, phosphoric acid, sodium chloride, dmdm hydantation, disodium edta, yellow #5, yellow #6

I have no idea how much salt is in it percentage wise... maybe it's really low and I'm being paranoid? I haven't been using it as a leave in for a few weeks, but it does make my hair softer.

Do you think that this will dry my hair out or damage it over time?

JustKiya

It's after fragrance, so the amount of salt in there is negligible. Beyond negligible. Tiny. Really, really, tiny. Sweating in your head might leave more salt behind than the leave-in would. :lol:

So, no, I think your hair will be safe - they are most likely using the salt as a thickener. :yep:

Neith

It's after fragrance, so the amount of salt in there is negligible. Beyond negligible. Tiny. Really, really, tiny. Sweating in your head might leave more salt behind than the leave-in would. :lol:

So, no, I think your hair will be safe - they are most likely using the salt as a thickener. :yep:

Oh, ok. Thank you! :blush:

I'm just being ultra careful with my hair. I wasn't sure.

Aint taking no chances. I'm determined that this will be the last BC I ever do! :lol:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
No wonder people get a nice curl def from using this product. Salt also loosens the curl in your hair if you use it in your conditioner.