salt to cure dandruff

bellezanegra826

I was reading the hair section of this book I have on natural remedies and I came accross this passage under the section about ending dandruff

"if you are a brunette, wash your hair with a combination of 1 cup of beet juice and 2 cups of water, plus 1 teaspoon of salt. This is an Arabian remedy, and most Arabs have dark hair. Since beets contain a dye, this is not recommended for light-haired people who want to stay that way. To be safe, do a test on a patch of hair."

Have any of you ladies that use salt in your conditioners noticed a reduction in dandruff.

There were a lot of other remedies that seemed familiar from reading this site, like water and apple cider vinegar for shine, and rosemary and jojoba oil for hairloss

iprocrz108

I used to suffer from what I thought was dandruff before I joined the LHCF. But I soon discovered that I was really suffering from product build-up. :look: So, I started adding half a teaspoon of baking soda to my regular shampoo whenever I feel my hair needs it and I'm happy to say that my "dandruff" problem is no more. I hope this helps.:yep:

Michelle79

I never used salt but ACV rinses help tame my dandruff/seborrheic dermatitis along with my prescription shampoo.