Satan hears our prayers

syze6

I was told by a friend that Satan hears our prayers also. I come from a family that attended church, my family would sit and read the bible together. As I became an adult I strayed away from some of those teachings but my heart always ached because I wasn't happy. I always came back to those teachings as a child and an adult. I have always longed to do what God desires of me. I realized that I could never be truly happy without my walk with God.

I met this guy ion college and long story short, he loves the WORLD. He grew up in the WORLD and his happiness comes from the WORLD. He loves drinking, fornicating, feeding lustful spirits all the worldly things that hinder our walk with God. I lived my life fornicating with him and just outside of what GOd truly desired of me. We seperated and I was so glad because he really stood in the way of my walk with GOD. He didn't attend church until something in his life was wrong. Once the storm was over he''s back to himself. WHen I would talk about sex outside of marriage. He would say we're marriage common law. Just justified every sin possible. So we're separated and I look forward to getting my relationhip with God on track. I finally have peace and then he gets shot and I'm right there helping him because he has no other family to help him. We ended up getting together again and my worldly cycle began again.

My girlfriend told me that Satan heard my pleas and prayers to walk with God and knew that this person hindered that and pulled him back into my life. He used the love and kind heart I have to help people to lure me back into that world. She says satan already has him. He wants you too and what better way to get me is through him.

Does anyone believe that he hears prayers?

BLESSED1

This is the first time I've heard something like that, I've heard that the devil can quote scripture really well but that's about it. I'm feeling you though girl, I am going through the same situation with my bf(?? since we're on a very rough patch right now) and I just had to cut off a good friend since I couldn't put up with her blasphemy anymore....I'm interested in what the others have to say :yep:

GoingBack

YES!!!! Satan can definitely hear your prayers. I have been told this numerous times by a God-filled person. He has listening capacity just like God does. How else does he know what temptations to throw at us. He listens and then introduces something into our lives that either gives the appearance of being what we prayed for (but really isn't) OR is something that he thinks that we may desire and therefore latch onto and thereby get off the path to the Lord. That is why I also pray for the gift of discernment....because it is through that gift that we truly know whether it is God or not.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I think he hears our prayers. When we try to pray to our God, Satan tries to distract us by making us think of other things, make our minds wander, or make us feel tired while we pray. Where God is, Satan is there also. But the good thing is, he doesn't have as much power as God. When you're in Jesus Christ, Satan has no power. We must continue to ask God for strength and wisdom in order to defeat Satan's flaming arrows and not yield to the temptation of sin of this world. ;)

AnnDriena_

Yes. He does hear our prayers. I think this is the same way some of these psychics work. When you have someone trying to contact a dead loved one and the psychics come up with things only you and your relative could've know it's through no gift of the psychic. It's demonic.

And they are Satans angels. Those demons knew this guy was the way to get back at you and so they played on your good heart. This guy getting shot wasn't your fault. But since you have a caring heart why not make you feel like you need to be by his side? And since your by his side why not get back together? Maybe it's just my personality but one thing that helps me in situations like this is my anger. Yep, I'm as ornery as squealing pig when it comes to feeling like I'm being used and when you said you brought up sex outside of marriage to this guy and he tried to justify it, you knew it was wrong and you knew he was justifying it to get more sex. That would've p'd me off right there. The bible says be angry but do not sin. I think you need to get angry. You realize your part in this already so really and truly look at this guys part. He doesn't respect your beliefs and uses God and church as his rough times patch. Get angry at yourself. Get angry at him. Just get angry because unfortunately that's how we as human beings get moving.

Anybody working in customer service can tell you that a person who had good service will tell about 3 people the person who had bad service will tell about 10 people. Because they are angry and that moves them to action. So get angry and move into action. You deserve more.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Yes there is a scripture in Daniels 10

12Then said he (God) unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
13But the prince of the kingdom of Persia (Satan) withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael (Angel), one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

So the way I understand it, yes Satan can here your prayers. As the above scripture states (As I understand it) is that God hears all of your prayers, but becasue satan hears them also your request can be held up for some time until the angels can come and help and we truly thank God for the Angels.

Now that is why it is so important to have a prayer toungue for satan can't understand when you are praying in tonugues. Everyone does not have the gift of tonugue for the church but when we all have the abiltity to pray in toungues in a tonugue that you nor no one else knows what you are praying about.

I hope that I a being clear. If not maybe someone else can say it better

Belle Du Jour

Wow. I never thought about it.

I know that Satan knows out weaknesses, but I had no idea he listened in on our conversations with God. That's really interesting.

star

Prayer can be done in different ways out loud, low whispers and in tongues(unknown language). Christians should do low whispers when talking to God in private. The devil will then have to try and read your lips which does not work well for him. There may be times during the prayer you get louder. No matter what God knows your heart. The hard thing about satan hearing it is he know your struggles and he will seek to kill the prayer or cause temptation. But as you war in the spirit and/or fast and pray at times it helps to keep the devil at bay. Everyday is battle but be of good courage because greater is He that is in us then he who is the world. God is prayer answering God. :grin:

pebbles

Truthfully, I have never given it much thought. But it's something to think about!

We know that the devil cannot read our minds, (he's not omniscient, omnipresent, or omnipotent), but we do know that he can put ideas into our heads. And he can tell whether we've done what he suggested based on our actions. That's why the main battle is always for control of your mind, and thus the reason we are told to "put on the full armor of God..." Eph. 6:11

He can also deduce what our prayer requests might be just based on the situations he can see in our lives. Truth be told, I really couldn't say. I've always felt that my time with God was private, but being that the enemy is the "prince of the air", it stands to reason that he could possibly hear prayers uttered out loud. I really don't know for sure, but I'll have to research this some more and consult with some bible scholars. :)

Last edited:
Interesting. I've thought about this before, so I generally always pray in my mind or in the spirit. I try not to give the enemy that much power, even dwelling on it too much can serve as a distraction in prayer time...I know that God hears me and that's the most important thing.

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
This is interesting...

The way I see it, the DEVIL can listen in all he wants because my GOD is a whole lot GREATER than "he who is in the world".

Yes, Satan may be listening to my prayers, but you better BELIEVE he doesn't like listening to mine! The prayers to my Lord have IMPACT. "The prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective." So Satan can LISTEN up if he wants to--maybe he'll get the hint that he's already DEFEATED!!! :lol:

So as you can see...I can care less if Satan's listening. IMO, he has no power over me OR my prayer time.

pebbles

JuJuBoo said:
This is interesting...

The way I see it, the DEVIL can listen in all he wants because my GOD is a whole lot GREATER than "he who is in the world".

Yes, Satan may be listening to my prayers, but you better BELIEVE he doesn't like listening to mine! The prayers to my Lord have IMPACT. "The prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective." So Satan can LISTEN up if he wants to--maybe he'll get the hint that he's already DEFEATED!!! :lol:

So as you can see...I can care less if Satan's listening. IMO, he has no power over me OR my prayer time.

That's the ticket! I don't think he cares too much for my prayers either! LOL!!

newme2003

JuJuBoo said:
This is interesting...

It's funny that you say this because a while ago I had started to pray in my own mind so that satan would not here my communication with God. This was because it seemed that everytime I had what I felt was a victory and praised God for it that devil brought me down. But just yesterday I decided that by doing this I wasn't giving God the glory. I realized that by praying in my mind I was demonstrating fear of the devil. God is greater and whatever satan wants to try God will prove He is greater.

TBird

I think this is a very interesting subject. The Bible only calls God the hearer of prayer. I don't believe Satan can hear our prayers if so what would be the point? He is not God. I do believe that he is always watching us. Satan knows our makeup very well so our actions or things we may say or do even unconsiously can let him know of our desires or intentions. He knows our weakness and he feeds on that. But our prayers are special it is OUR communication with God. Its not an avenue that I think he would share with someone who wants us dead. Just my 2 cents.