Satin Caps

sassyhair

Could the rubber elastic on satin caps be rubbing out your hair around your nape and edges? My satin cap often slides up too, and I just bought it so it is not because it is old, and it is a large, I am afraid it may start to break off strand of hair, not just my edges.
I am paranoid about this. Maybe I should start using just satin pillowcases instead.

What do you all think?

PinkAngel

I use my satin cap turned inside out (the rubber band on the outside) that way it does rub against my hairline. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase in case the cap comes off. HTH

Tee

I have wondered about the same thing. Not so much as rubbing out my hair (but I think this is possible) but as far as leaving my hair unprocted. My hair is normally dryer around the edges and I know it has to be from when I am lazy and dont put my scarf on and grab that satin cap.

I try to scarf more. Scarf on right now. Funny you posted this. I was really just thinking about this tonight.

sassyhair

I did have a satin scarf but if I have curls I dont like to use that because of it flattening my hair. Also I get paranoid about the knot too. I think I will try the satin scarf again and a satin pillowcase.

CreoleBelle

Actually I read a post about a satin cap called "Classic Lucy" at www.maverickwear.com. I've been having my Lucy for about 2 or 3 months now and I love it! It stays on well and it doesn't have elastic to rub against the hairline. For those with long hair, it won't smash your hair because it has ample room for the hair to flow.

cutiebe2

I have this problem too!!!!! One thing to do is make sure your edges are VERY moisturized before bed.

amy1234

CreoleBelle said:
Actually I read a post about a satin cap called "Classic Lucy" at www.maverickwear.com. I've been having my Lucy for about 2 or 3 months now and I love it! It stays on well and it doesn't have elastic to rub against the hairline. For those with long hair, it won't smash your hair because it has ample room for the hair to flow.
me too! :)

sassyhair

cutiebe2 said:
I have this problem too!!!!! One thing to do is make sure your edges are VERY moisturized before bed.

I have in a weave right now so I separated my hair from the weave and sprayed with water and covered with oil and twisted before I put my cap on, but my edges near my sideburns and the very edge of my nape is the problem.

KiniKakes

msshic said:
I use my satin cap turned inside out (the rubber band on the outside) that way it does rub against my hairline. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase in case the cap comes off. HTH

This is a really great idea.

amy1234

sassyhair said:
I just read the description about the classic lucy what is this about a velcro thingy that adjusts?

There is no velcro, mines has a draw-string to resize the cap to fit your head.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
msshic said:

This is what I do as well. If I do a roller set with satin-covered foam rollers, I add another satin scarf I tie over the cap to keep them in place better. I'm such a wild sleeper :lol: so the satin pillow remains as back-up.

HoneyDew

sassyhair said:
I just read the description about the classic lucy what is this about a velcro thingy that adjusts?

I love this cap. I bought it after a suggestion from Dee.

I think one of the other caps has the Velcro. The one for wrapping, I think. The Lucy does not have that.

Sistaslick

divinefavor said:
I usually turn my cap inside out. I may have to check out that website!

Yeah me too! I aslo do the flippy thing. I don't turn the whole cap inside out, I just flip up the elastic part so that the satin part touches.:lol:

sassyhair

I tried the turning it inside out thing lastnight but them I noticed that my edges were still exposed , which means it could be rubbing against my sheets and pillows.

carolina_belle

I use a satin edge bonnet. That way the elastic is covered to prevent breakage on the hairline. It's the same price as a regular bonnet.

JazzyDez

msshic said:

so smart! what would i do without you ladies?

Its funny this thread came up because I was just thinking about this the other night. I didn't want to sound to crazed asking about a small piece of elastic though. (Not that anyone here does! :lol: )