• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

Saw Palmetto And Viviscal To Reverse Effects Of Hair Loss In Women

VictoriousBrownFlower

Has anyone tried saw palmetto and viviscal for hair thickening? I've been using viviscal and its amazing. I am loving how my thinning crown is thickening up but another poster made me wanna try a dht blocker along with it.... i have pcos and saw a few studies done that saw palmetto is great for some of the not so desireable affects of pcos... So have u tried this combo?

VictoriousBrownFlower

oh sorry i forgot about this thread.... My hair is doing amazing since i started taking dht blockers along with viviscal..... i take one in the am and one in the pm along with the viviscal and i can notice a huge difference in thickness. I have whole chunks of hair that have grown back on my crown that are around 5 inches or so and u can tell its new growth not breakage by the way it looks.... i didn't know my thinning got as bad as it did until it grew back and i saw all these shorter SECTIONS growing out on my crown....

imo these interventions have worked 100% better than topical rogaine and are much easier to use because u just take a couple of pills twice a day....
125950622_10157455122840880_3903536181497600025_o.jpghere is when i was using rogaine b4 the viviscal and saw palmetto... u can really see the thinning in this pic

IMG_2360 (2).JPGhere it is now...

jbwphoto1

I've been on birth control with aldactone for PCOS for years. So long that I don't know if it's ever made a difference with my hair. My hair was relaxed for about the first ten years of that time.