Scalp Exfoliation: Before And After

Kitamita

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to share a treatment I saw on IG called Jet peel. Looks really interesting.

1677886919506.png

Cleansing the scalp prior to treatment is essential to getting our JetCare solutions deep into the skin! Using Detox Water to prep the scalp for exfoliation and infusion is the first step in the process

Cleansing the scalp helps with,

• Itchy Sensitive Scalp - mainly due to inflammation, sensitivity caused by sun exposure and other environmental irritants. Can also be caused by emotional issues.

• Dry Scalp - sometimes genetically caused, or due to external and emotional factors, ie. indoor heating or stress. Those with dry skin can also suffer from dry scalp.

• Oily Scalp - a result of overactive sebum production, often caused by stress, hormonal changes, exposure to pollution or harsh products.

• Flaky Scalp - there are various causes such as dry skin, oily and irritated skin, or sensitive skin. Flaking is sometimes due to sensitivity to irritants, including buildup of products used on hair and scalp.

Kitamita

I don't get how it works. Does the stuff they spray on cause the scalp to peel?
Yes, it's like a reverse hydrafacial. Jetpeel sprays the water/solution on the skin but in the process can slough away dead skin, from what I have seen on the insta.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnnk--qvLlf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (sorry I am not sure how to post the video itself)

I was thinking the scalp treatment would work well as it would be able to "clean" your pores as well as exfoliate while delivering nutrients.

I haven't tried it myself. I just saw it on insta and thought was a cool option.

HTH

Dare~to~Dream

I picked up the Pacifica Rosemary Apple Cider Scalp Detox Tonic at Ulta the other day and used it tonight during my weekly wash/condition. This product actually lathers a bit just like the Kiehl's scalp scrub can lather a little too. I didn't realize this until after I applied it. Because of the apple cider vinegar, I decided to use it a final scalp tonic/detox after shampooing and conditioning like I do with my own diluted apple cider vinegar mix. It was a new product, so I was trying to switch it up as I always used the Inkey List and Kiehl's BEFORE I shampoo. So yeah realizing after the fact that I probably needed to use this at the beginning of my routine was like :dork: . I check ingredients but I guess I glossed over the second one: cocamidopropyl betaine. The bottle did say to "skip" the shampoo in the description but not in the directions. The Inkey List tells you to shampoo afterwards and Kiehl's tells you to "wet hair and work into a rich lather." Pacifica just says to "apply to scalp, leave on for 3-5 minutes, and rinse." So I was thinking it I could it use like I said: a final scalp tonic that I could just rinse out after conditioning. I didn't massage like I would a shampoo so I didn't get a whole bunch of lather that I didn't want. What I like/love so far from:

Gel like consistency. You can easily apply it with the nozzle without it running all over the place. Putting a drop or two is sometimes all you need as you part your hair, apply to your scalp, and gently massage in.

The ingredients. This is what my eye was drawn to even when I read the label as I skipped over the other ingredients lol. With ingredients like rosemary leaf extract, apple cider vinegar, niacinamide, glycolic acid, vegan lactic acid, salicylic acid and peppermint oil, I knew that I had to try it. It also has something called menthol crystals but you don't feel it as it strictly a chemical exfoliant and not a physical one. It even has some spirulina in it. It's not an all natural product though as it has some of the usual ingredients that are used in commercial formulations.

The feeling. I could feel it "doing something" on my scalp beyond the peppermint tingles. I actually left it in for longer than the 5 minutes because I lost track of time but it wasn't on too much longer. My hair did not feel stripped or like I needed to condition again either as it was easy to apply just to the scalp and not on the rest of my hair. I rinsed with warm water first then cool water as a final rinse. Did my usual leave-in stuff and my scalp feels AMAZING right now. Of the three scalp exfoliants as well as my own diluted apple cider vinegar mix, this is by far my favorite scalp treatment so far. I hope it helps with my minor scalp issues I have from time to time but it's too soon to tell. I just love the way my scalp feels at the moment.

I won't be skipping shampoo when I used this product. Since I am now oiling my scalp before I shampoo, I will probably shampoo first then apply this product before I do the conditioning step. I have used the other scalp exfoliants on my scalp that had oil or oil based hair growth products on it but this time around, I don't want to do that. I don't know if having oil based products on my scalp affected the way those other products worked or not but now I want to really remove whatever I can from my scalp then go in with a scalp exfoliant so that it can really penetrate. Or, I may just use it as a final scalp treatment like I did this time since I had no ill effects.