Scalp Problems!!!!

Everything Zen

HELP!

I don't know what's going on but every time I decide to wear my hair super curly for a few days my scalp starts acting up. I did a rollerset last Saturday and wore it until Wednesday. In the meantime, my edges started drying out and scaling up and now even after a clarifying shampoo and a couple of condish washes it seems like I almost have cradle cap! I never notice this when I'm in my usual daily CW routine. I don't see how 4 days could lead to this mess! The only product I used at the time was Elasta QP Mango Butter on the hair only. The only suspect I can think of is the hair dryer maybe drying out my scalp but does that really happen? I have used it so many times with no problems. I want to wear my hair in more stylish ways but it drove me crazy to even wear my hair out that long with all the problems I was having. I can't stop trying to scrape off all the flakes! AAAAARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!

newflowers

I can't even hazard a guess why it happens. I was thinking if you co-wash daily, maybe when your hair is styled, your scalp is completely dry? At any rate, have you tried Nizorol shampoo? It workes really well. Or emu oil? Another scalp saver.

Everything Zen

I can't even hazard a guess why it happens. I was thinking if you co-wash daily, maybe when your hair is styled, your scalp is completely dry? At any rate, have you tried Nizorol shampoo? It workes really well. Or emu oil? Another scalp saver.

Yeah that's a good idea. I need to get some anti-dandruff shampoos again. I've tried them all but I need to try some of that emu oil. Now that I'm washing my hair more regularly they should work better. :yep:

RavenMaven

You should oil your scalp with an essential oil, and use some anti-dandruff shampoo.
I use EVOO and I am looking into getting Coconut Oil.

*Muffin*

I don't know for sure, but you could have a scalp bacteria or fungus, or it could just be bad dandruff. Either way tea tree essential oil is good for that. Just massage a small amount on your scalp nightly and it should help. Also make sure you oil your scalp with a fatty oil to help bring it back to balance (like coconut oil, avocado oil, etc...).

Everything Zen

Thanks ladies. I just took a shower and washed my hair with shikakai oil and vatika anti dandruff shampoo. I feel a lot better, but I might have to oil my scalp tonight too- that's something I haven't done in a long time since finding the site. I love tea tree oil but is it safe to use it straight up without dilution?

*Muffin*

Thanks ladies. I just took a shower and washed my hair with shikakai oil and vatika anti dandruff shampoo. I feel a lot better, but I might have to oil my scalp tonight too- that's something I haven't done in a long time since finding the site. I love tea tree oil but is it safe to use it straight up without dilution?

Tea tree oil is pretty strong, and if you're skin is sensitive it could be too strong to use straight up (though some people can with no problem). You could put a few drops of tea tree oil in a carrier oil of your choice (like coconut oil or olive oil for example) and massage your scalp with it in it's diluted form.