Scalp Refresher Needed...

vevster

I have oily scalp that needs refreshing 3 days in.

What are we using, ladies? Can I pick something up at Sally's?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm not sure what a scalp refresher is, but periodically cleansing my scalp with Cantu ACV Rinse (available from Sally's) seems to be keeping my scalp happy.

I was very skeptical as Cantu products in general do zero for my hair, but this product has been effective AND economical.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
My scalp is the same. Day 3 is about when I'd consider it "dirty". I've found that there really is no alternative to just washing it. Dry shampoos are a temporary refresher but they seem to make my scalp dirtier even. Nothing you apply to a dirty scalp is going to cleanse it. Believe me I have tried it all in a quest to stretch my flat iron jobs. There is nothing... it just has to be washed.

I also hate how my hair begins to look by about day 3 so I generally wash and iron my hair about twice a week nowadays. I'm not seeing any ill effects since i dc with heat frequently.

vevster

My scalp is the same. Day 3 is about when I'd consider it "dirty". I've found that there really is no alternative to just washing it. Dry shampoos are a temporary refresher but they seem to make my scalp dirtier even. Nothing you apply to a dirty scalp is going to cleanse it. Believe me I have tried it all in a quest to stretch my flat iron jobs. There is nothing... it just has to be washed.

I also hate how my hair begins to look by about day 3 so I generally wash and iron my hair about twice a week nowadays. I'm not seeing any ill effects since i dc with heat frequently.

I think you are right, but I'll try that Cantu act product.