Scarf wearers

Leeda.the.Paladin

For those of you who wear scarves on a regular basis, do you always make sure you wear silk or satin scarves (I mean for fashion not for night time)? I have a hard time finding scarves that are made of those materials. I finally got some material the other day to try and make my own, but I was just wondering if there was any harm (ie hair breakage) with cotton or linen scarves.

All of my fashion scarves are satin. I don't even wear cotton scarves to the gym. I get them from almost any BSS for $2-$5.

I wear a scarf everyday, but they are not all satin or silk. I can find them, but the silk ones slip off too often. I just make sure that I really moisturize my hair very well before I put one on and after I take it off. Also I don't tie them on too tight.

I wear a scarf everyday, but they are not all satin or silk. I can find them, but the silk ones slip off too often. I just make sure that I really moisturize my hair very well before I put one on and after I take it off. Also I don't tie them on too tight.

Most of my fashion are satin, but I have some cotton, linen and nylon ones. I just moisturize well and I have no problems.

Last edited:
I usually baggy when I wear a scarf, so it really doesn't matter what scarf I wear.

The satin/silk ones are hard to find so I just buy some fabric at the fabric store and use a bobby pin on the sides of the scarf so my scarf won't slide off. I don't like the cotton scarves because they dry my hair out.

How do you baggy with a scarf?

:lol: Just leave a plastic cap on my head and tie the scarf, or use Saran wrap first and then follow w/ a scarf. I do it with bandanas, scarves, wraps, hats...you name it!

ETA: :lachen: I now get what y'all are talking about. Scarves you wear for fashion around your body not for fashion on your heads. :lachen:
I think I'ma now crawl back under the rock from whence I came.
Runfast-vi.gif

Last edited:
I am an avid fashion scarf wearer on my neck, head and waist. I only buy silk scarves. I have loads of them from Vintage and secondhand stores. I get good deals at Nordstrom Rack or on sale from Banana Republic.

Banana is great for scarf sales near the end of each season. I usally pay anywhere between 10.99-19.99. They have the 14day price adjustment rule so I always return by the 14th day to see if the price went down further for a refund. I usually end up saving a few more dollars.

:lol: Just leave a plastic cap on my head and tie the scarf, or use Saran wrap first and then follow w/ a scarf. I do it with bandanas, scarves, wraps, hats...you name it!

ETA: :lachen: I now get what y'all are talking about. Scarves you wear for fashion around your body not for fashion on your heads. :lachen:
I think I'ma now crawl back under the rock from whence I came.
Runfast-vi.gif

I do the same thing

I wear a scarf daily. The majority are made from georgette or chiffon material. About 99% of the time I wear a small satin or silk scarf underneath.

Back