Sea Plasma All Purpose Skin and Hair Moisturizer

Denim And Leather

I just bought this product at the supermarket today, it only cost me $5 bucks, and was in the shampoo aisle.

The product description reads "All purpose skin and hair moisturizer with NA-PCA draws moisture from the air and binds it in to hair and skin. This wonderful formula prevents formation of free radicals which cause agin, dry skin, hair and scalp problems."

The product ingredients are: Water, Sodium PCA, Cetrimonium Chloride, Simethicone, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans (Mucopolysaccharides), Aloe Vera (barbadensis) Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt), Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Frangrance (Perfume.)

Has anyone tried this, and is it any good? Is the aloe vera extract protein?

Here's a pic of the product.

Attachments

• Sea Plasma1.jpg
    Sea Plasma1.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 19

Healthb4Length

I've never tried it but I've read that the ingredients are really moisturizing for your hair and skin without being greasy. Please update us on how this works out for you.

Denim And Leather

Thanks for replying, guys. I'm going to try it tonight, I'm 5 weeks post relaxer and the new growth is getting harder to keep moist. I'll post my review of this product on this thread in a couple of days! :)

Denim And Leather

Ok, I've been using this for two days and I like it. It's a light mist, and has a nice scent that is not overwhelming. I have been using this with one of my other moisturizers (UBH Creme Moisturizer, Protectiv or ORS Shea Butter) since I am six weeks post-relaxer and I need more than just a mist spray to moisturize my hair because of new growth.

I'd definitely recommend it if you want a light, moisturizing spray. As I stated before, the price isn't bad, either.

Aveena

Denim And Leather said:
Ok, I've been using this for two days and I like it. It's a light mist, and has a nice scent that is not overwhelming. I have been using this with one of my other moisturizers (UBH Creme Moisturizer, Protectiv or ORS Shea Butter) since I am six weeks post-relaxer and I need more than just a mist spray to moisturize my hair because of new growth.

I'd definitely recommend it if you want a light, moisturizing spray. As I stated before, the price isn't bad, either.

I agree. I think this a great mist for 0-6 weeks post. I like it too. :grin:

LaNecia

Thanks for posting this! For about 6 months I have been using a product very similar (Eqyss Priemier Rehydrant Spray) and the ingredients are very similar, just in a different order: INGREDIENTS: Deionized water, sodium PCA, cetrimonium chloride, mucopolysaccharides, extracts of lavender, thyme and clove, propylene glycol, extract of aloe vera, sea minerals, dimethicone, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, fragrance, citric acid, methylparaben. I like that this product has the Sodium PCA higher in the ingredient list because of it's natural moisture attractant properties!

I use the spray when my hair is braided under my quick weaves to keep my hair moisturized daily, worked wonders! :yep:

I've seen this but never thought to check it out. I'll be looking for it today as I'm almost out of the Eqyss and it's $20 a bottle for a 32 oz. (but worth every penny)!

ETA: The ingredients list I posted above is out of order from what's on the actual bottle.

Last edited:

sweethair

I tried to look for Sea Plasma in the stores but I can even find anywhere. I checked the markets, Rite Aide and CVS. Does anyone know where I can buy this product in New Jersey?

Aveena

sweethair said:
I tried to look for Sea Plasma in the stores but I can even find anywhere. I checked the markets, Rite Aide and CVS. Does anyone know where I can buy this product in New Jersey?
I found mine in the grocery store. Safeway. You may want to try the chain grocery store in your area.

F

atlqt

I've also seen this product @ Ulta stores in the past. Not in the Hair Salon Product section, but inthe drug-store brand hair product section. You might want to call around to some of the Ulat stores in your area.

I use the Rehydrant spray that Vixen mentioned as well, mixed with their Avocado conditioner (it's a spray, too) and really like the results. I use it on dry hair daily and then seal the ends with one of my many oils or butters.

HTH!