Sealing at night

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by MsGardner78, Feb 23, 2008.

1. MsGardner78

MsGardner78 New Member

I have seen many posters talk about sealing their ends at night. Please tell me how this is done. TIA:grin:

2. miami74

miami74 New Member

So what do you think the answer to that is??
    From what I have learned from this forum, you apply a moisturizer (I use a water based moisturizer e.g. leave-in conditioner or olive oil cream) and then you apply an oil to seal the moisture into your hair (I use castor oil or coconut oil to seal). If you don't seal in the moisturizer that you applied to your hair, it will dry out very quickly, leaving your hair dry and brittle. HTH.

3. MsGardner78

MsGardner78 New Member

Thank U soo much for answering. I will start doing this tonit:grin:

4. sikora

sikora Well-Known Member

I've been experimenting with not sealing and have found this not to be true (for me). Wrapping my hair at night helps a great deal with moisture retention

5. tsmith

tsmith Well-Known Member

I seal my ends by baggying. I smooth my hair into a loose ponytail and then I apply Profective Healthy ends to the length of my ponytail and then I apply Black Castor Oil to my ends and then I apply a processing cap over the length of my ponytail. Sealing basically gives your ends extra moisture. You don't have to seal, many of the ladies on this forum do not seal their ends and there hair is growing beautifully. Me, myself. Sealing/baggying my ends have/is allowing me to reach my hair goals faster. Meaning I don't get many split ends, if any at all but I still trim every 3 months NOW but I didn't the first year I joined and I was able to retain all my length because of bagging/sealing:grin:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008