Seamless Comb

greenmetro99

Hello ladies. I seeking to find a seamless detangling comb that I can use in the shower. Any suggestions on where to purchase one? What brand?

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
^Agreed! I have the Magic Star Rake Set.

https://hotcombs.net/product/magic-star-jumbo-rake/

snoop

I agree with the above. I also do their 3comb smooth method when I want to thoroughly detangle. I love it!

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Hotcombs.net . I purchased their combs years ago and they're still going strong. They even have a sale going on.

+1

I have their magic star jumbo rake, it makes detangling my hair a breeze. I am going to invest in a smaller size option for when I need a good deep detangling so I can get rid of my denman. I think combs do less damage than brushes and these rubber seamless combs do help smooth hair

faithVA

It doesn’t very detangle enough for someone like me that has tightly coily hair. It doesn’t get enough of the shed hairs. I always have to go behind that comb with another longer less wide comb.
That' s the intention. Instead of trying to get all the shed out with 1 comb which can cause breakage you use several combs to remove the shed hairs in a more gentle and progressive manor.

snoop

Informative.

So I likely won't be able to use just only the Magic Star rake on wash day? I'll need to use another detangling tool also? TIA!

Somewhere on their site they outline their 3comb smooth method. I've done it and I like it! You start with a wide tooth comb, then medium tooth, then fine tooth. You choose your combs appropriately. Detangle with the widest tooth comb first. When you've finished detangling move to the medium comb and so on. If when you are using one of the smaller combs you have trouble detangling, then move back up to one of the wider teeth and detangle thoroughly before moving back down.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Somewhere on their site they outline their 3comb smooth method. I've done it and I like it! You start with a wide tooth comb, then medium tooth, then fine tooth. You choose your combs appropriately. Detangle with the widest tooth comb first. When you've finished detangling move to the medium comb and so on. If when you are using one of the smaller combs you have trouble detangling, then move back up to one of the wider teeth and detangle thoroughly before moving back down.

Oh, okay. :yep:

I didn't realize that was the intent for the jumbo rake.

I'm familiar with that method, though. It works. The lady below first "water detangled" with her fingers in the shower, then finger detangled with a NaturelleGrow DC in the shower, then did the wide tooth, medium tooth, fine tooth comb method of detangling. She calls it the Funnel Method.

imaginary

This is exactly what I do. I start with the Magic jumbo then move on to the Lady star with has one side medium teeth and the other side fine. This works the best for my hair.

faithVA

Informative.

So I likely won't be able to use just only the Magic Star rake on wash day? I'll need to use another detangling tool also? TIA!
I only use 1 comb. It depends on what you are trying to do. I don't usually need to remove every shed hair so I use the 2nd comb in the series. I rarely use the jumbo rake.

I use the smaller comb if I'm doing a rollerset or something like that.

It's not the combs as much as the detanglong philosophy. Start with a wide comb and remove as much as possible and then shift down to smaller combs depending on what you are trying to achieve.

faithVA

Thanks for explaining it. Wasn't able to answer in time.

The process works great for me. I adapt it as needed.

snoop

I'm familiar with that method, though. It works. The lady below first "water detangled" with her fingers in the shower, then finger detangled with a NaturelleGrow DC in the shower, then did the wide tooth, medium tooth, fine tooth comb method of detangling. She calls it the Funnel Method.

I didn't watch the video, but I start with my fingers, too. Based on the thumbnail her purple comb is what I use as my fine tooth comb and her orange comb is my medium.

I start with the Magic Star Jumbo rake, then move onto the 1975 Styling Comb and finish with the 696W Styling Comb.

Evolving78

I only use 1 comb. It depends on what you are trying to do. I don't usually need to remove every shed hair so I use the 2nd comb in the series. I rarely use the jumbo rake.

I use the smaller comb if I'm doing a rollerset or something like that.

It's not the combs as much as the detanglong philosophy. Start with a wide comb and remove as much as possible and then shift down to smaller combs depending on what you are trying to achieve.
I can see the shed hairs detangling from my ends when I use that jumbo rake, So I have to use another come to chase them all the way to the ends. I have very dense hair for it to be fine.. I ended up buying some cheaper combs to get the the job done, and use those other combs to style.

faithVA

I can see the shed hairs detangling from my ends when I use that jumbo rake, So I have to use another come to chase them all the way to the ends. I have very dense hair for it to be fine.. I ended up buying some cheaper combs to get the the job done, and use those other combs to style.
That is the way it is meant to be done. The jumbo rake is just to get started. Then you use a medium comb to remove the next layer. And if you still need more you use a smaller comb. It sounds like you are doing the same process many of us use you are just using different combs.

Theresamonet

That was a lot of combing. I mean she combed the hell out of that little quadrant. :lol: It seems like this method would have to be very stressful on the strands (she's not even using seamless combs), but she has nice hair.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I needed this thread. My medium comb dropped in the shower and broke. A tooth is missing so I refuse to use it. I’ll have to purchase another.

My other two (magic rake and the small tooth comb) are holding up strong.

GGsKin

I can't find my mini magic rake:cry3:. I hope I haven't left it at someone's house while doing their hair.