Question Search feature missing?

SmilingElephant

Is there a virus or a hacker situation going on? I hope not. I've been familiar with this site since 2008...I hope it's not going under. Although due to the atmosphere of the board I don't plan to renew my subscription...however this is a great hub for ppl to start their hair journeys.

JustSitNBePretty

Is there a virus or a hacker situation going on? I hope not. I've been familiar with this site since 2008...I hope it's not going under. Although due to the atmosphere of the board I don't plan to renew my subscription...however this is a great hub for ppl to start their hair journeys.

What do you mean by the atmosphere of the board? You mean the members or the fact that the forum keeps crashing?

Last edited:

JustSitNBePretty

I just don't understand how anybody can sleep at night after taking people's money and giving them such consistently horrible service. The board has been broken for quite some time and it seems like nothing has been done about it even as people are collecting money that is ideally for keeping the board in good condition.

The app crashes every 2 minutes and every other link I click on, I get a down for maintenance message when we know there is no maintenance going on.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Why is this :censored: down AGAIN?! The worst part is that there's no explanation/warning before it happens. I'm assuming that someone's disabling search and that it's not done automatically. Where's the announcement banner? I took off my adblock and nope, no banner.

awhyley

Yeah, this is getting a little old now. A brief post from the mods explaining why this is happening so frequently would be great.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Yeah, I'm trying to find posts about raw African black soap, so this is getting a bit frustrating...

cutiebe2

ugg..Im not renewing my subscription and Ive been here for almost 10 years. Maybe it is a sign I need to do something new. Just too much on this board now-a-days

CodeRed

This search feature situation... That's what I spend a lot of my time here doing so I don't have to ask the same questions over and over again.

This is really irritating.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
It's come to me googling "lhcf - (subject)" to substitute for the missing search feature and I'm still not finding the specific thread I want. Sigh.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Ladies,

Sadly there is nothing we can do about the search feature. All of a sudden a month or so ago the search software has stopped working as reliably as it was the past few years. Its operation deteriorated to the point that it would crash right after I enable the service again.

We are moving to a better platform and a better search for all of you. See my announcement about the upgrade this weekend in the Admin news section.

Thanks

CodeRed

@dimopoulos

Thanks for the info. The site looks great and I really like that I don't have to type everyone's name out when I mention them ;)

I see that the search function isn't completely up... when will this be fixed?

TIA

CodeRed

When I do a search nothing comes up.

Yeah... If I do a search for something that was specifically posted before the upgrade, it doesn't come up. If I google something and it's connected to a post that was posted before the upgrade, it won't let me view it.

VelvetRain

I am over there alot and you don't need to censor what you feel like saying. Much more enjoyable time.

I just went over to LSA to see what was happening over there and WOW! They seem to have everything that people here have been wanting, so there is the option of hanging there.

I'm beginning to wonder if LHCF will close down soon. I belonged to a raw food forum that had been around for a long time. One day, they just started having more and more issues with vague explanations (the moderators were in the dark too or so they said) and in two years, the owner shut it down for good. This feels the same way to me...