Search function working?

Morningstar55

I keep searching the forum for "breakage" in the titles and I get random threads that dont have the search term in them. Is it working today? And I am getting threads from 2002? I know we've talked about breakage since 2002 LOL :grin:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I keep searching the forum for "breakage" in the titles and I get random threads that dont have the search term in them. Is it working today? And I am getting threads from 2002? I know we've talked about breakage since 2002 LOL :grin:
Yeah, everytime I try to search I get all kinds of random threads that have nothing to do with what I'm searching for....most of them starting in 2003:ohwell:.

Mandy4610

Yeah...the search function has not been working for the last 2-3 weeks.
It is rather frustrating:wallbash:

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I also thought this. :nono:

This topic has been covered numerous times with nothing new happening. In this "suggestions" forum, I counted at least 4 search topics on the 1st page alone (I'm sure that the 2nd page has even more than that.) :look:

Beverly said that she and Nikos are working on this issue--hopefully the search will be back to it's old reliable self soon! :up: :yep:

Darn, I was hoping this thread was announcing that the search function is up again.

tetbelle

I was thinking the same thing. It definately hasn't been working for a few weeks. Glad to know I'm not crazy:spinning:

Morningstar55

Well this may help, use Google in the mean time, found this another forum and their search function isnt working either:

Just change the address to: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/index.php or whatever forum you want to search.

Google search example with visual aid:
e.g. for a search on sulfur 8 I put:
"sulfur 8" site:forum.blackhairmedia.com

The Princess

Okay, I thought I was going crazy. I type in "Hair Stretching" and something totally different off the wall comes up.

Precious_1

I have been trying to search for the word "moisturizers" in search titles only and these random threads keep popping up with NO moisturizer in the title, I was just about to come in and post a thread about something being wrong with the search function and noticed it wasnt just me:wallbash::wallbash: I didnt want to start a new thread on what's a good moisturizer bc I knew people would be like do a search:ohwell:

awhyley

BUMP - Just checking

(Similarly, I went to check my posts so that I could backtrack, but could only view 182 of my 260+ posts, is this a related problem?)

msa

Another way to search...in google just type in "moisturizer site:longhaircareforum.com". Works every time.

LongiLox

Well this may help, use Google in the mean time, found this another forum and their search function isnt working either:

Just change the address to: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/index.php or whatever forum you want to search.

Google search example with visual aid:
e.g. for a search on sulfur 8 I put:

This is a good idea. You can also do site:longhaircareforum.com breakage

awhyley

Dang, that's awesome. I knew I could do a searhc, but not one as extensive as all that.
Thank you to you both.

gorgeoushair

I don't think it's working. It was working just fine until they decided to update it or whatever they were trying to do.....oh well