Search

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
is anyone still having problems with the search? I have been able to use it for the past couple of days without an issue - several times. it "seems" like the problem fixed itself. if any one is still having the white page being displayed problem, please post here. if you were having problems, and no longer are having the problem, please post it here as well.

thanks

Blessed_Angel

No, it seldom works for me.

I just did a search for "flat iron" in "show threads", and I got the white screen AGAIN. It hasn't been working for me for a while now; maybe a couple of weeks.

beverly

Staff member
Thanks guys for the input. Blessed Angel, are you using Internet Explorer or Mozilla? I recently upgraded to the new version of Mozilla, and it works well on that. (3.0)

Let me know!

Blessed_Angel

Thanks guys for the input. Blessed Angel, are you using Internet Explorer or Mozilla? I recently upgraded to the new version of Mozilla, and it works well on that. (3.0)

Let me know!

I am using IE Version 7.0; I wonder do I need to upgrade?....:look:

beverly

Staff member
That should be the latest version of IE. The Firefox browser can be downloaded at www.mozilla.org and is free, if you want to download and try it, let me know how that works out.

Blessed_Angel

That should be the latest version of IE. The Firefox browser can be downloaded at www.mozilla.org and is free, if you want to download and try it, let me know how that works out.

I've never downloaded Firefox; but I might do that. The only problem with it is it's limitations. If I have a window open, and hit CTRL + N, IE will open another window right where that page is. That comes in handy when I am on here, and need another window or quoting more than one person. With Firefox, I'd have to start from the homepage to get to where I am in another window....unless someone knows how I could do that same thing on Firefox.

Thanks

beverly

Staff member
Try the instructions that I posted on page 1 of this thread. I do not know about Safair.

santwon

Beverly,
I must bow at your amazingness. I tried those instructions and it has indeed worked. Thank you. And mook's hair for putting that up.

beverly

Staff member
Thanks De - I just checked, it is working for me. Let me know, please try it again..

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Hey Bev/ Nikos, are you aware that the search is not working.

The problem is that rarely I cannot get it to work. I tried between one and 3 words, different browsers etc. Since the upgrade I cannot get the white screen ..... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: