Seaweed and Shiny, Healthy Hair

*Happily Me*

I've been eating seaweed just about everyday for lunch for the past couple of weeks. Most of ya'll know I have lupus and I do all that I can to keep it in remission. Well, i try...

Eating seaweed is super healthy because it is rich in nutrients and it's great for the hair too!

Check this out: This will definitely be a regular staple for me :up:

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Seaweed has a complete spectrum of chelated minerals, which makes it easy to absorb into the skin, adding texture and shine to your hair and improves skin texture and tone.[/FONT]

Seaweed feeds the shafts and the ducts of the scalp to help improve the health of the hair. It has been said that the thick, black, lustrous hair of the Japanese is partly due to their regular diet of brown sea vegetables such as arame. Research has shown that minerals are important to healthy hair growth, and arame has a high mineral content.
Seaweed benefits the liver and kidney channels, the two organs that are closely related to healthy hair. When consumed daily, seaweed can promote the growth of glossy hair and prevent its loss. It also helps to provide a clear complexion and soft, wrinkle-free skin. One of the richest sources of iodine; highly concentrated in iron and calcium, rich in niacin and thiamine, seaweed is excellent for alleviating high blood pressure; builds bones and teeth, and is traditionally used to treat feminine disorders and mouth afflictions. One word of caution is that the high sodium content of seaweed may make it unsuitable for anyone on a low sodium diet.

*Happily Me*

I have an organic grocery down the block however, they sell it at the local A&P as well in their sushi section

ImFree27

I eat it when I eat sushi, how do you eat it? what do you eat it in? How do you cook it? I seen this thread awhile back and I bought some seaweed, but i didn't know what to do with it or how to cook it..

*Happily Me*

Good questions! I'd like to know how to cook it as well.

The seaweed I buy is already made. I taste lots of sesame seed oil and some other stuff...

It's a small container and it costs approx $3.75. It's organic and it contains different kinds of seaweed.

The one at A&P just has one kind of seaweed, i don't think it's organic and it costs $0.50 more :lol:

Iluvsmuhgrass

K Dsylla.... you know ya gotta post pics of the kind you get. I was thinking about trying seaweed because I heard it was very healthy, tasted good (when fixed right), and that it was good for ya. (I have fibro and chronic fatigue. Sometimes it is a BEAST)

:fridge: I'm trying to get my diet together so I can get over this fatigue.

RedVelvet310

So you just eat the seaweed by itself? (Like dried seaweed strips? I remember back in elementary school kids would bring the dry seaweed strips to school as a recess snack, they tasted pretty good is that the type you're eating?)

Miamori

It is really good for growing hair. I have a Korean friend who loves hair and grows hers out regularly to donate, and she eats lots of seaweed and always sights beautiful hair as one of its benefits.

I like seaweed and kelp and eat it when I can find it. And thinking about seaweed and my friend has me wanting some nice spicy kimchi...

gloomgeisha

I love seaweed, especially when it's cooked "gim" style. I normally just buy the regular laver from the Asian grocers (it's about $5 for a three pack) and pan fry it in a bit of sesame oil. Wrap it around some brown rice and avocado and I have a healthy lunch/snack that's packed full of fiber, EFA's, and minerals.

anon123

I love seaweed, especially when it's cooked "gim" style. I normally just buy the regular laver from the Asian grocers (it's about $5 for a three pack) and pan fry it in a bit of sesame oil. Wrap it around some brown rice and avocado and I have a healthy lunch/snack that's packed full of fiber, EFA's, and minerals.

Sounds good. Simple and tasty, I'll have to try it. I really need to start cooking more. Maybe I'll try this. I also want to learn to make seaweed soup, which is one of my favorites.

Valerie

Seaweed is very good, I eat kombi for three months, cook it for 10 minutes, then added onions for another 5 minutes, it was my favourite, it did improve the colour and strength of my hair. DSylla, by the way, you look so lovely in your pictures.