Sebastian or Any Color Rinse Question

SplashAtl

Ok, I love henna but the process is just too much for me. My hair is black so I have to henna and then put indigo in and it is a process. I have to do this because I am all of a sudden allergic to hair dye. I've used a permanent and semi-permanent and had a reaction with both (store bought and salon applied). I have no idea what it is in the dye that I am all of a sudden allergic to.

I didn't have a reaction with old Sebastian rinse (haven't tried the new one - Sebastian Laminates). I'm assuming because its a rinse. My question is are the other cheaper rinses (can't think of the names) I see in the store truly rinses? They say Semi-permanent on the bottles so that makes me scared to try them. I want to try them but semi-permanent makes me wonder. Anyone know?

sqzbly1908

Hey Friend - there is KISS, Beautiful Collections, Colorshowers (great color but they may have changed the formulation), Color Brilliance (just to name a few) - I hate Jazzing - very drying - Sebastian's is the ish!!! I just hate that they have limited their colors to just a few...

Just read the rest of your original post - the semi permanent rinses that you don't have to mix are the gentlest...they last a few weeks (depending on how often you shampoo) -they are very safe - you can use them as often as you like - the ones that you have to mix with you would need to be wary of or let a beautician apply...

HTH

Last edited:

SplashAtl

Hey Friend - there is KISS, Beautiful Collections, Colorshowers (great color but they may have changed the formulation), Color Brilliance (just to name a few) - I hate Jazzing - very drying - Sebastian's is the ish!!! I just hate that they have limited their colors to just a few...

Just read the rest of your original post - the semi permanent rinses that you don't have to mix are the gentlest...they last a few weeks (depending on how often you shampoo) -they are very safe - you can use them as often as you like - the ones that you have to mix with you would need to be wary of or let a beautician apply...

HTH

Great!! Thank you for the info. I am looking for a jet black color. I can get the Sebastian in deep brunette for $29. I just don't know if that will be dark enough for me. I think this is the darkest they go now. I may try one of the others you mentioned to get a jet black. Thanks for sharing that Jazzing is drying. I see that one all the time. Do you know anything about Adore?

sqzbly1908

Great!! Thank you for the info. I am looking for a jet black color. I can get the Sebastian in deep brunette for $29. I just don't know if that will be dark enough for me. I think this is the darkest they go now. I may try one of the others you mentioned to get a jet black. Thanks for sharing that Jazzing is drying. I see that one all the time. Do you know anything about Adore?

I haven't used Adore but I have not heard anything bad about it...If I am unable to find my color (which is rare) I would probably try it....