Second Day Rollerset Help, Please?

Skydancer

The first day I take out the rollers or do a FARS, my hair is awesome. Curly, shiny (without being greasy), and soft with lots of volume and movement. I use solar rollers at night to maintain the style over the next few days, but the outcome is always the same: still have the curls, but it looks flatter with less volume... just not as nice looking :ohwell:. How do you maintain the same style as on the first day? Is it even possible? Thanks:]

HoneyDew

This is my problem, too!! I have tried EVERYTHING!!!

The only thing that has helped me is the Lucy hair wrap from Maverick Wear that I bought after hearing about it from *Dee*.

This think has really helped my style last longer.

I think the fabric is a bit cheap, though. I emailed the designer of the hair wrap yesterday to ask if she could make some in a nicer fabric and I am waiting for her response.

But, the design is perfect for helping to maintain fuller hair - at least for me it has been the only thing that has come close.

lexi08

HoneyDew said:
This is my problem, too!! I have tried EVERYTHING!!!

The only thing that has helped me is the Lucy hair wrap from Maverick Wear that I bought after hearing about it from *Dee*.

This think has really helped my style last longer.

I think the fabric is a bit cheap, though. I emailed the designer of the hair wrap yesterday to ask if she could make some in a nicer fabric and I am waiting for her response.

But, the design is perfect for helping to maintain fuller hair - at least for me it has been the only thing that has come close.

Wear did you purchase your wrap? Does the wrap rub your edges? Your hair looks really pretty and healthy by the way :)

Last edited:

HoneyDew

nikki1971 said:
Wear did you purchase your wrap? Does the wrap rub your edges? Your hair looks really pretty and healthy by the way :)

thanks so much!

It does not rub my edges at all. This cap really has a great design. Different look than I am used to but works wonders.

But, honestly, I feel that she could use better quality fabric.

The front is satin covered elastic that seems have pieces of ribbon attached to the ends that you tighten and tie in the back.

In my email to her, I also asked if she could make longer ribbons so that the ends could knotted to prevent them from slipping through if you wash it or something.

I hope she was not offended by my email :look: but this great designs needs better small touches.

I washed mine and it came out very wrinkled - I had to iron it. Nice Satin does not need ironing, in my opinion.

But, still this is the best designed hair wrap, i've had! *thanks Dee* :D

Blu217

The rollerset is about the only way I style my hair.

From my experience, one of the keys to a lasting rollerset is being sure to get body at your roots. How are you curling your hair, in what directions and with what size rollers? My hair is APL, probably 4a and fine; I use red plastic curlers. The more curlers you put in, the more body you'll get.

I doubt you can get a lasting rollerset without a good liquid setting lotion. Mine is Lottabody.

I also use a leave-in, either Infusium or Motions. I might use a few drops of glosser after that on occasion, but anything greasy or oily will weigh down your set and shorten its life.

Finally, sleeping in good curlers will keep your set for a while. I don't use nearly as many as I do when I'm wet-setting, but I'm hardcore and sleep in the hard plastic pink rollers; I think soft curlers are easier to sleep in but flatten your set. I just tie a satin scarf around to hold them in place.

Hair type plays a big role in how your hair will curl and hold, but from my experience, less always gets you more when it comes to your curls.

lexi08

HoneyDew said:
thanks so much!

It does not rub my edges at all. This cap really has a great design. Different look than I am used to but works wonders.

But, honestly, I feel that she could use better quality fabric.

The front is satin covered elastic that seems have pieces of ribbon attached to the ends that you tighten and tie in the back.

In my email to her, I also asked if she could make longer ribbons so that the ends could knotted to prevent them from slipping through if you wash it or something.

I hope she was not offended by my email :look: but this great designs needs better small touches.

I washed mine and it came out very wrinkled - I had to iron it. Nice Satin does not need ironing, in my opinion.

But, still this is the best designed hair wrap, i've had! *thanks Dee* :D

Thanks for the link!!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I pincurl my hair in about 6 pincurls at night and tie up my hair w/my satin bonnet or scarf. When I'm to lazy to pincurl or just really tired I just slap on my satin bonnet and when I wake in the morning I run my fingers through my hair and fluff, and I still have the fresh rollers look w/the volume. I do the same thing when I remove the pincurls just finger comb and go.