Second Time Relaxer Stretchers

kizzylonghair

This is the second time in my hair journey that I am stretching my relaxer. I am 6 weeks post relaxer and doing so well. I cant believe that last year I would be at the point now that I would relax. !!! There is no-way it needs relaxing. I do have roots but my hair is very manageable and soft and more importantly not breaking. But I remember the first time I stretched at 6 weeks I wanted to kill someone and I can honestly stay it was the worst 11 weeks of my hair life. I am getting the benefits now. So for all those first time stretchers it does get better. Just find your staples and keep doing what your hair likes.

All my ladies on Round 2 to is there anything you have changed to make it easier this time?

Knowing what to exact has definitely helped me?

What do you ladies do to your hair at 6 weeks; do you think braids or cornrows are a good option? (I am a 4A fine strand girl)

Any advice would be appreciated, I am trying to get to 12 weeks or more as long as my hair is not suffering.

Thanks

Kizzy

DangerouslyShy

I am on round two as well...

I am on week three as of right now...lol believe it or not next week I would be getting a relaxer...but not this time...lol im going to try to stretch AS LOOOONG as possible...

last time I made it to 11 weeks...I want to try and make it to 16 weeks...wow..and im only on three...lol

Im going to wear a sewin for this stretch...the last stretch I was protective styling with phony ponies...I might have worn a weave for a couple weeks..but this time Im surging 2x a day, moisturizing with oils 2x a day....and I will be cowashing every other day...because I Want newgrowth...

Girl im trying to get siz more inches by the end of the year...and I think stretching for 4 months or more will help me achieve that...

I have really thick 4a/3c hair...so it might be challengeing...but thats why its going to be braided up...!!:lachen:

Last edited:

star

What are you using on your roots to keep them soft? :)
kizzylonghair said:
This is the second time in my hair journey that I am stretching my relaxer. I am 6 weeks post relaxer and doing so well. I cant believe that last year I would be at the point now that I would relax. !!! There is no-way it needs relaxing. I do have roots but my hair is very manageable and soft and more importantly not breaking. But I remember the first time I stretched at 6 weeks I wanted to kill someone and I can honestly stay it was the worst 11 weeks of my hair life. I am getting the benefits now. So for all those first time stretchers it does get better. Just find your staples and keep doing what your hair likes.

All my ladies on Round 2 to is there anything you have changed to make it easier this time?

What do you ladies do to your hair at 6 weeks; do you think braids or cornrows are a good option? (I am a 4A fine strand girl)

Any advice would be appreciated, I am trying to get to 12 weeks or more as long as my hair is not suffering.

Thanks

Kizzy

kizzylonghair

star said:
What are you using on your roots to keep them soft? :)

Star,

I am conditioning washing my hair every 5 days, then deep conditioning with heat for 30 minutes with Keracare Humecto. That definitely helps, then I moisture daily or sometimes a few times a day with Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil moisturiser.

kizzylonghair

DangerouslyShy said:
I am on round two as well...

I am on week three as of right now...lol believe it or not next week I would be getting a relaxer...but not this time...lol im going to try to stretch AS LOOOONG as possible...

last time I made it to 11 weeks...I want to try and make it to 16 weeks...wow..and im only on three...lol

Im going to wear a sewin for this stretch...the last stretch I was protective styling with phony ponies...I might have worn a weave for a couple weeks..but this time Im surging 2x a day, moisturizing with oils 2x a day....and I will be cowashing every other day...because I Want newgrowth...

Girl im trying to get siz more inches by the end of the year...and I think stretching for 4 months or more will help me achieve that...

I have really thick 4a/3c hair...so it might be challengeing...but thats why its going to be braided up...!!:lachen:

D Shy,

A sewin sounds ideal, but I can just about cope with single braids my scalp itches soooooooooo much.

I did get 11 weeks post relaxer also but I was killing my hair with Airdrying !!!! It was something I tried but it just didn’t work for me. My hair would come out to dry, looked a mess and resulted in breakage. I had a good 1 inch cut when I relaxed
Now I have found my ANGELS my rollersets, there should not be any problems with the ends and whatever I grow I should be able to keep this time

I may have to up my co-washes like you soon and my hair needs the extra moisture now!!

I am going to stretch to 12 weeks and see how my hair is, I may continue to stretch a little further

Kizzy

star

Thanks! :)
kizzylonghair said:
Star,

I am conditioning washing my hair every 5 days, then deep conditioning with heat for 30 minutes with Keracare Humecto. That definitely helps, then I moisture daily or sometimes a few times a day with Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil moisturiser.

brickhouse

Congratulations on stretching your relaxer. The more you do it the more your hair gets trained to stretch. I am on 15 wks and will be relaxing next week which will be 16 wks. Before the board I use to relax every 5 wks.

YummyC

kizzylonghair said:

Thanks

Kizzy

Yes, I do more Con washes. I am 7 wks post. Made it to 10wks for the first time on round 1.
Washing more frequently and using produts that give lots of moisture ( UBH) is key for me.
I am not a braids person .... sorry I could not help on this one.
I do however do the scarf method and i braid my hair into two pony tails until my hair dries.