Sedu Ionic ceramic flat iron

kking7777

I just purchased the Sedu iron after using the CHI turbo I believe it gets hotter and makes hair straigher and silkier than the CHI. Anyone out there agree or know of any other ceramic flat irons that are better than both?

candibaby

Nope, I have the Sedu and prefer not to mess with perfection.
I do know a lot of ladies on here love the maxiglide.

A_Christian

Is the Sedu sold at stores like Trade Secret, Walmart, Sally, or regular BSS's or can it only be purchased online? I know that Trade Secret carries the Chi.

dreamgurl

It seems I've tried them all and the Sedu definitely comes out on the very top...

You're right kking...the Sedu does leave the hair very silky and straight and the best thing I love about the Sedu is no snagging...I would get snagging everytime with the Chi and other flat irons...

candibaby

A_Christian said:
Is the Sedu sold at stores like Trade Secret, Walmart, Sally, or regular BSS's or can it only be purchased online? I know that Trade Secret carries the Chi.

No. I've never even seen it at Beauty Alliance, I think you can only get it online. I got mine at folica.com for $98.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
I've read that it is better than any ceramic flat iron out on the market. Sometime between next month and September, I'm buying that baby. It's the best investment for over $100 (and the free shipping is really a great deal). I'm sick of my frizzy hair, and this will definetly be a keeper in my book.

BC

Last edited:

Crysdon

I had the FHI, but sold it to my friend since I wanted to try the Sedu. I like them both, but the Sedu does not snag my hair at all and gets my hair straight and silky.

The only gripe I have about the Sedu is that the plates get very hot and I have to flat iron my hair with one hand and am not able to grip the plates with the other hand.

isawstars

I'm thinking about purchasing one... does it have a dial that will control and change the temperature?

vickyd

I love my Sedu -- I bought the 1-1/2 inch it is very lightweight, heats up in a flash (about 25 seconds) and as everyone else has said -- it doesn't snag. I am very happy with it -- Finally is seems to me that when I use it, my hair stays straight until I wash it. I have only used two other flat irons before - WIGO and jilbere. Sedu outstripps both of these. Oh, the heat is adjustable.
HTH :)

lovechic

kia said:
What degree do you put it on??
I LOVE my SEDU!!!:love: I've had it for about 8 months now, It gets my hair so straight and SMOOTH! :yep:. I use it on the next to highest setting!

L

lkg4healthyhair

I heard great things about the Sedu. It was top of my list but I got the T3 at a great price so I am happy with it especially since I can do spiral curls and flips with it as well.

angellazette

I bought the 1 inch last night, the price was a little steep but if it's as good as everyone says it is then it'll be worth it. I'm also a member of ebates.com and folica.com is a particapting site of ebates. For those that don't know, ebates.com is a site where you get rebates and discounts for purchases on various sites (they have a listing, and they have a lot too). You have to first login to ebates, then go to the website of your choice through their links because they use a tracking ticket. In this instance, ebates offers a 6% rebate at folica.com so anything you buy at folica, you'll get a 6% rebate on after your purchase. They send you the money from the rebates you've earned on a schedule, the next pay date is August 15th. They either mail it to you, or send it to your paypal account.

Leslie_C

I have a chi turbo and it works well but Ive found it still leaves something to be desired. Luckily I bought it on here for a bargain. My complaint is that my hair reverts pretty easily, unlike when I get it done at the salon and it lasts all week. Im thinking its because the temp doesnt get hot enough. Either that or my technique needs work.

Does your hair revert with the Sedu? this might be my next investment in a couple of months when I graduate and start making some money! How hot does it get?

candibaby

My hair reverts in 2 days and I have the sedu, but I think it's more because I have tons of new growth and it can be very hot when I'm at work that causes it to puff back up so quickly. I'm not sure how hot it gets because the temp on the iron is in Celcius.. I think it's 200 or something like that.

Miss_Jetsetter

I really want to buy this flat iron. Does anyone have any pics? alo, I checked out folica.com, but they have it on there for like $125! Is there anywhere where I can get this cheaper?

H

honey_jammz82

I love my sedu! I have had it for over a year, and it was well worth the money!

H

honey_jammz82

Miss_Jetsetter said:
I really want to buy this flat iron. Does anyone have any pics? alo, I checked out folica.com, but they have it on there for like $125! Is there anywhere where I can get this cheaper?

I got mine from Folica...it was on sale though I paid right about 100(last year). I have pics of my flatironed hair in my album, if that is what you mean.HTH

lovechic

honey_jammz82 said:
I got mine from Folica...it was on sale though I paid right about 100(last year). I have pics of my flatironed hair in my album, if that is what you mean.HTH
Me too I got mine at Folica about 8 or 9 months ago, I paid $98.00 for it.